Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a message on my mac:

Reported Attack Site!
This web site at www.poodlepedigree.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

If someone has the email of Karen ? I think that is her name please contact her and let her know.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Trillium went on there the other day while we were on the phone, and she got a scary message similar to this too. Hmmm....I cannot get Karen Mills email without going onto Poodlepedigree...

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I got it too a few days ago and haven't been back yet. I typed the address in directly, no google. Just checked it out now and it fine for me. I've heard there have been problems lately w/ photobucket too.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Yup, I got some malware on my office computer from photobucket. It shut down my computer's virus scanner and tried to sell me a different virus scanner that I just freakin' couldn't get rid of!!! My laptop at home blocked it, though - I must have better protection at home... I haven't gone back to photobucket at work, since...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It is scary for me I am just up and running after a HUGE crash and burn on my home puter I lost EVERYTHING! 3000 picutes :(

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Karen says it's fine... funny how that is only showing to a few, through Google.

I typed in the web address and its showing that message not through google like Harley chick experienced

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I was wondering if it was just me and was going to make a thread asking about it too! Ha, I clicked on the 'Go to the site anyway' because I know it's a safe site.. and I was able to view one pedigree, but went I went to another the page wouldn't load, then later that night I got a program out of nowhere that was trying to install. I had to ctrl+alt+delete to get firefox to close. x_x

Maybe a virus attacked the site and is trying to grab anyone that's going in?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
It is scary for me I am just up and running after a HUGE crash and burn on my home puter I lost EVERYTHING! 3000 picutes :(

Geez Bigred....I'm heartbroken for you. For me, loosing photos is one of the more painful things in life. When I was in photography school, they pounded it into our heads every day to back up, back up, back up. I now have two external hard drives that I back up to once a week. They aren't very expensive and worth every cent of the investment.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Thanks so much I was/am devastated.. And I did have two hard drives and it infected both ! I have been told that the big drive as long as nothing gets written over it they are still there.. Just a matter of finding the right person to recover I hope and pray . Kids graduation Weddings puppies Show pictures you name it GONE

·
Registered
448 Posts
and I was able to view one pedigree, but went I went to another the page wouldn't load, then later that night I got a program out of nowhere that was trying to install. I had to ctrl+alt+delete to get firefox to close. x_x

I've not had any problems and have gone to the site a few times a day.
You won't mind, will you, if I send this to Karen? I want her to see what 'did' happen to someone. Maybe it will make more sense. She said she triple checked everything and it's fine. So odd... but also can see why we need to be careful.

Karen

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've not had any problems and have gone to the site a few times a day.
You won't mind, will you, if I send this to Karen? I want her to see what 'did' happen to someone. Maybe it will make more sense. She said she triple checked everything and it's fine. So odd... but also can see why we need to be careful.

Karen
Yes please send this to Karen so she can see that something is up. When I was at work on my PC i can view the website but on the two macs i have here it gives the warning.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Yes please send this to Karen so she can see that something is up. When I was at work on my PC i can view the website but on the two macs i have here it gives the warning.
Still?

BRP I had something similar happen w/ my computer awhile back, I lost all the pics from my cousin's wedding. Everything else was on disc or photobucket. I wish I'd gotten a Mac instead of a Dell. Next time, I guess.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I use a MAC and am getting the same warning as well. I haven't tried using my PC. My virus software isn't up to date and can't risk it.

I love the MAC for that...no viruses in the two years I've had it.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Well the site was coming through okay for me earlier but now I'm nervous. It would be awesome if those of you w/ Macs and Desertreef keep us updated!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts