Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 8 month old spoo, Riley, has always done her own thing when it comes to sleeping. She will often go for a snooze on the hard floor even if there's a comfy bed nearby. Since she stopped sleeping in her crate at night, she's discovered a new favourite spot... under our bed! I think she discovered this by trying to get a ball that had rolled under there and deciding to stay a while. We often wake up in the morning to find she's crawled under there in the night. One time early on in this new habit we almost left the room to go look for her, when she (very loudly and hilariously) scrambled out from under the bedframe to follow us. She's a weirdo but we love her. Anyone else's poodles like hanging out under the bed?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Rocky has 3 comfy beds and he will choose the hardwood floors sometimes. After some research, I think it's the cool feeling of the hardwood floor that attracts him.
Charlie is the same . Flings himself onto the hard tile right next to his luxurious bed with a big thump and a groan.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
Riley is adorable.

No spoos under the bed at my house. Under the bed is cat territory. Hiss!
Amazing how cats can dominate any dog in the house. I had a small terrier as a child, and observed how Cricket would always make a large detour around the dining room table. One time I saw her run close past the table in her hurry to see who was at the door. Two sets of cat arms shot out from under the tablecloth and through the chair back slats to swipe at her! The stealthy devils were lying in wait on the chairs, concealed behind the tablecloth

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not under the bed, but Zephyr spends a lot of time in the closet! I have two very small closets, no bigger than what you can see through the door. Z thinks they are the perfect size for a snooze.
View attachment 469008
This is hilarious! Riley has a lot of favourite spots she got used to when she was a smaller pup, but still insists on squeezing into. Including under my desk, where she is right now, and a puppy sized dog bed she still prefers curling into over her bigger ones. Creatures of habit, I guess.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Anyone else's poodles like hanging out under the bed?

View attachment 469006
Never had a poodle sleep under a bed (they always preferred sleeping ON the bed), but we had a German Shepherd who slept under the bed when we first got her. Then one awful night about 8 months later she realized she had grown too big to fit! What an uproar! We had to get out of bed and lift the end of it up a bit so she could escape. Smart dog never went under the bed again.

Another under the bed story - a small tornado was heading for our house in Florida - I grabbed the kids and took them to the bedroom in the middle of the house to put them under the bed. Our standard poodle was already there! Fortunately the tornado lifted and we suffered no serious damage. This was the only time we had a tornado, so how did that dog know to get under a bed?

·
Registered
233 Posts
When we are watching TV Bobby likes to sleep partly under the couch. He does this every night...yes, we watch TV pretty much every night.😁
It’s so funny because ever since he was pretty young he has done this. He’s half way under the couch with his legs sticking out. He is allowed to sleep on the bed and will for part of the night but most of the time he’s on the floor. And he definitely plops down with a thud. Silly dog!

·
Premium Member
3,459 Posts
Might not be weird, but it is adorable. Noelle hangs out under the piano bench when I play. As soon as I sit down, she scrambles under the piano bench and just stays there listening. When I stop playing, she leaves.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Happy lots for the hardwood floor when it's hot, but this is her is her weird place... View attachment 469014
Fluffy would like Happy to know that she has exquisite taste in nap places.

Oh! And both dogs enjoy being under me while I play piano, too. It makes it hard to use the pedals sometimes... And I have to be careful not to let Fluffy on my lap, or else he’ll do a little playing of his own, pawing at the keyboard like one of the greats. I think it’s his way of telling me to stop that racket and pet him, please.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts