Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a poodle ... yet... waiting. Who knows how long and that's ok. I found a breeder I like so the game is on...
I have never owned a poodle. I've had small dogs for the last 25 years or so. I came to the decision that I would get a poodle, a toy, as I had met several and was charmed. so... to those who have them:
Any pointers? Things I should know? Good? Bad?

·
Premium Member
7,041 Posts
Find a good breeder that health tests.
I have had 6 toys and one mini, I adore my pups.
Tip, train your toy poodle like a bigger dog , if it's not cute in s big dog well you get it, if not look up toy dog syndrome.
I love mine they are funny and sweet
20210321_132537.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are so beautiful. Yes I get it, big dog stuff. Great tip. Thanks. My experiences with poodles made me conclude that they are very intelligent. I know there are a range of opinions on dog intelligence. I read somewhere once that Border Collies are the most intelligent dog breed. No offense to Border Collie owners but I think there are different types of intelligence.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have had 3 toys and a toy mix (JoJo is our current fluffball). All of our have been people dogs, and varying degrees of Velcro dogs ( most particularly with my husband, whom they all adored). Jo is the sassiest of all, and needed to be “bossed” a bit more than the others to keep her from running the place from the get-go. She also tries to be in charge of my son’s 2 spoos, so that has been interesting.

In general, though, they are smart (though my spoo was another level of smart), eager to please, a bit more challenging to housebreak than my spoo, and will follow you around all day, ready to give love and unlimited cuddles. Be prepared to never nap, lounge or sleep alone ever again😊. Best dogs ever!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts