Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who notices that their poodle does a sassy twirl or flourish of a tail when they go to lie down? I just love watching my poodle spin his fluffy pom pom of a tail before settling down. My husband and I noticed that our Spoo waves his tail like a “swooshy” flag right before getting comfy on his bed or floor. It’s wonderful how poodles make reclining such an art and sport. We salute you back, glorious poodle!

·
Super Moderator
1,292 Posts
I hadn't noticed that. The cheerful tails when they are trying to retrieve a tennis ball from a hedge or flower bed always get me. Pogo has a low set tail: not really breed standard. He swishes it side to side like a flag when he's busy looking. Galen's tail sticks straight up for the first few vertebrae; then it curls forward to rest on his back. (As my husband describes it, a tail meant to be docked.) He is adorable when he is intently hunting, because his tail twirls in circles like a propeller.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hadn't noticed that. The cheerful tails when they are trying to retrieve a tennis ball from a hedge or flower bed always get me. Pogo has a low set tail: not really breed standard. He swishes it side to side like a flag when he's busy looking. Galen's tail sticks straight up for the first few vertebrae; then it curls forward to rest on his back. (As my husband describes it, a tail meant to be docked.) He is adorable when he is intently hunting, because his tail twirls in circles like a propeller.
Darling tails!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts