Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My little 2 year old apricot toy poodle is super healthy but I wanted to reach out to see if anyone recommends any Suppliments to enhance the color of his coat.

He's got some darker "guard hairs" (I think that is what they are called along his spine and darker markings in some areas but would be great to keep his coat as healthy and as apricot as I can as long as it's safe !
Pic below
IMG_2599.jpeg
IMG_2605.jpeg
IMG_2687.jpeg

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Hi,

Your boy is adorable!

Since what happens with coat color and texture is genetic, I wouldn't think any sort of internal, ingested supplement would do much if anything to affect those.

There might be color enhancing shampoos and conditioners, similar to those for humans, but I haven't looked for any myself.

My cream boy, Remo, has those darker guard hairs too. For healthy coat, I'd think your best bet is proper diet of quality foods but there really isn't anything you can do to help "keep" the color.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Your boy is adorable!

Since what happens with coat color and texture is genetic, I wouldn't think any sort of internal, ingested supplement would do much if anything to affect those.

There might be color enhancing shampoos and conditioners, similar to those for humans, but I haven't looked for any myself.

My cream boy, Remo, has those darker guard hairs too. For healthy coat, I'd think your best bet is proper diet of quality foods but there really isn't anything you can do to help "keep" the color.
Thank you for the input! 1595016917299.jpeg

·
Registered
Casey, toy poodle - RIP 11/06/2003 to 02/23/2021
168 Posts
I know this thread is old but I'm looking at red and apricot Tpoos and doing some homework and found this information which you may already know but I'm sharing just in case:

Coat Color Fading in Apricot Poodles
When Apricot poodles fade, they turn to cream color.

When do Apricot Poodles Fade?
Apricot poodles fade to a lighter color at the age of 3 years.

Here's the link to the article: Poodle Coat Colors. Color and Poodle Personality. Which Colors Fade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts