Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
If I got another dog I would probably get a slightly smaller standard, because the one I have is HUGE. But I love him :D

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I like my standards - they are medium size - about 40-43 lb. (except Teddy is overweight lol) big enough that they are not on my lap and small enough to handle.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I like standards. Max is just over 50 lbs at 8 months and will probably be 60 lbs. when he's full grown. I like big dogs. Funny thing about Max is that when he stretches out he's sooo long and he can curl up like a little lapdog.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I really like my Standards and wouldn't change the size. The standards just have a stronger appeal to them. (I think..lol)

I do like the temperments of the smaller variations of the Poodle as well.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I was just saying that the other night - ginger looks soooo long when she stretches out and can curl up so small. love it!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I love the look of the standards but my little girls are so funny, take up little room and can help us read the papers on Sunday morning.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Well seeing as I have all three sizes, when I do get another Poodle it will be a Standard. I love big dogs and big Poodles are just so much fun! I love my toy Cher Bear but I don't think I would want another Toy and my moms Mini is a handful!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yep I'm a big dog lover too, although I do like the idea of a little fluffy toy. Once the GSD goes to rainbow bridge I think we'll get another standard to keep T company.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well my poodle is a large toy.. He is a little over 8lbs but right at 12 inches tall and only 8 months old. So im thinking he is more of a mini size :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts