Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that International Award Winning Master Groomer Ann Martin will be presenting a two day comprehensive poodle grooming seminar January 16-17, 2010 in Alexandria, Virginia.
Ann also breeds and exhibits standard poodles. I've recently attended a seminar she gave on terriers and it was incredible!
I'm looking into flights right now! I'll try to post up more details as I get them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bit more information fro her facebook:
Mark your calandars, Ann Martin is offering a fabulous hands on workshop in Alexandria VA, the 3rd weekend in January. Ann will cover everything that has to do with poodles. From nutrition to body structure, Ann is going to cover it all. The Method of grooming poodles, proper prep work and bathing/drying techniques, different grooms for the daily shop styles on the poodles, to the differences between a show puppy trim and a competition show puppy trim, saddle clip and the continental clip - including the challenging sprayup. This seminar is a must for any groomer that grooms poodles...

There will be coffee, tea and juices offered for breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning until 10:30. Hot lunches will be served both days.

Goodie bags will be given out to each attendee, as well as a certificate of completion from Ann Martin. In order to have your certificate printed in scroll, we must have your payment in full 10 days before the seminar. The people that pay after this date, will still receive a certificate, but it will be hand printed instead of the professional look of the scroll.

The Hotel Monaco is a short walk from the seminar location, and is very pet friendly ~ They encourage you to travel with your pets.. Including providing doggie treats, dog bed and bowl upon arrival. You and your dog will be pleasantly suprised! We are working on a group rate ~ Looks good, we will keep you all posted!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I am interested and am looking forward to more information on the event; especially a group rate. Thanks for keeping us informed.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Keep us posted! Spoospirit and I would LOVE to attend and will plan on it. But I need to know info enough in advance to get Sunday off of work.
Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's actually a two day seminar, January 16 and 17. Judy Moreland is organizing it. Her email is [email protected]
Looks like flights outta SF are $231 roundtrip! Tempting for sure, plus, I've been wanting to go back to The Smithsonion since I was 8!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts