Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a lady come in and her Spoos tail looked like a bunny tail! It is just sickening that people backyard breed this wonderful breed and dont know what the heck they are doing. Im sick of seeing poodles that are obviously puppy mill dogs or obviously byb! These buyers have no idea and then think its right.
This was the ladies first spoo although shes had toys in the past. I asked about her tail and she said "oh no thats normal, i had toys so i know"....i was like well its used like a rudder in the water because they are water dogs. And the poor dog wsa so skinny and had to of only been about 30 pounds and short too.
Ugh im just tired of it! Ok rant over!

·
Registered
548 Posts
It must be especially frustrating to quality breeders and groomers when they see these butchered tails. Both our spoos have undocked tails and we are continually amazed at the number of people who say, " I didn't know poodles had long tails." This is usually right after they ask if they are labradoodles.
Our preferred response is "No, they are poodlepoodles" :). That usually leaves them somewhat puzzled ... often times, even those with a poodle at the end of the lead. Education is priceless !

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
This was the ladies first spoo although shes had toys in the past. I asked about her tail and she said "oh no thats normal, i had toys so i know"
So maybe the spoo's tail was exactly the same length as her toys' were and she thinks that's "right"... So if the toy's tail was 3 inches long, the spoo's tail should be 3 inches long, too?? :wacko:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah must be that plumcrazy! She thinks it needs to be the same length as a toys! ha ha! And then she even wanted to argue with me because she got her from a breeder so shemust be perfect, well not if the breeder didnt know what the heck they were doing.
Its a rudder for the water so why would you want a short nub?

She didnt even know how big she would get and was suprised that Mister was bigger than her and Mister is a 50 pound 24 inch male! He is small for a male and shouldnt have towered over her.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wish there were no puppy mills or back yard breeders!

Oh and to top it all off i asked if she was fixed and the lady said "no i wanted to breed her!" OMG are you serious!!! She said that she is so sweet and a nice dog etc so thats why she wants to breed her, all poodles are sweet and nice doesnt mean you have to breed all of them!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
oh nice, i'm sure she'll crank out some really spectacular puppies with awesome docks. now i'm a person who likes a docked tail but seeing a "bunny tail" as you put it on a standard kind of makes me think it might not be so bad to just not dock tails.

i have a bunny tail spoo too, he's black though and he's a "royal poodle". please read royal poodle with puffed up chest and super self important voice like it's a big special deal that you have an over sized spoo. go on, do it, get into character.. :p lol said royal poodle was 5 mo old i believe the first time i groomed him, never been groomed before of course and badly matted. how nice :) yet the lady and her hubby were "breeders" and waltzed in with their two super studs and proceed to tell me my business so to speak about standard poodles. i do believe jazz was in an english saddle at the time so i just pointed and said "uhh yeah, that is MY poodle, i think i can handle a shave down and a lamb clip" they dropped the we are more special than everyone else b/c we have two royal poos act after that.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I just wish there were no puppy mills or back yard breeders!

Oh and to top it all off i asked if she was fixed and the lady said "no i wanted to breed her!" OMG are you serious!!! She said that she is so sweet and a nice dog etc so thats why she wants to breed her, all poodles are sweet and nice doesnt mean you have to breed all of them!
It's comments such as these that makes me really wish we could control our own gene pool better. I don't get why people think their "lovable" dog has to breed even "one litter."

I feel for you working for people like that. I understand why you need to rant.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
(sarcasm)Well obviously there is a huge Poodle and even dog shortage guys, didn't you know that? It's super important that every purebred and cute mutt produce at least one litter b/c otherwise dogs will go extinct. And they must be bred ASAP, no need to wait for health clearances. It's not like we ever euthanize a single healthy, adoptable animal in this entire world.

I really think that's their mentality. Very few seem to ask what their dog(s) have to offer or why they should bring a litter of puppies into this world. Their puppies aren't the ones that end up in shelters, they aren't going to have trouble finding homes for the puppies and their dogs aren't affected by any health issues.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I would rather see a tail too ong than a bunny tail. At least you can doctor the long tail and make it look good. We have seen lour share of chicken nuggets on this forum!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
(sarcasm)Well obviously there is a huge Poodle and even dog shortage guys, didn't you know that? It's super important that every purebred and cute mutt produce at least one litter b/c otherwise dogs will go extinct. And they must be bred ASAP, no need to wait for health clearances. It's not like we ever euthanize a single healthy, adoptable animal in this entire world.

I really think that's their mentality. Very few seem to ask what their dog(s) have to offer or why they should bring a litter of puppies into this world. Their puppies aren't the ones that end up in shelters, they aren't going to have trouble finding homes for the puppies and their dogs aren't affected by any health issues.
rofl, i love asking about health testing and getting the reply 'yeah he's been to the vet, the vet said it was ok to breed" nice :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts