Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
My puppy is currently still a bun in the oven, but I’m trying to compile names that I like before I meet her. So far my two favorites are Fern and Hopi, but I’m looking for more suggestions!
I’d really like something nature/adventure/outdoor related, since she will be a hiking and traveling poodle. She will be a red toy, my current dog is a heeler/BC named Tucker so I’d like the name to not sound too similar to his. I am also not wanting to use a “human” name this time.
I’m always so impressed with the dogs names I see in agility and rally, ect. Like Ego, Singe, Avid, Quill, Breezy...unique!
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Nice ideas! I like nature names as well. You might think about names of other plants or animals. Ivy, Aspen, Cedar (good for the color), Wren, Sparrow, Robin, River are all ones I like.

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Jasper ( a reddish mineral)
Berry
Sumac
Copper
Chippy
I like two syllable names. IMO stretching out the name a bit makes it easier to hear/recognize against other background noises.

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Jasper ( a reddish mineral)
Berry
Sumac
Copper
Chippy
I like two syllable names. IMO stretching out the name a bit makes it easier to hear/recognize against other background noises.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Here are my ideas:
Cider
Kettle
Ripple
Beamish
Crouton
Cola (I'm getting side tracked on food names because I haven't had dinner, lol)
Thimble
Kimchi
Rumor
Jammy Dodger (a British cookie!)
Curlew (a bird)
Hey-Moe (from The Curly Shuffle)
Locket
Banksy (I really wanted to name Violet this, but got a hard no from husband)
Candle
Lyric
Wrigley
Butters
Tennis

I hope you find the perfect name! It is out there, waiting for you.

Reactions: old-boots

·
Super Moderator
5,337 Posts
I had a dog named Tucker, and I loved how his and Gracie's names sounded together. You'll be saying them together A LOT ? so it's good that you want them to sound distinct from one another.

Depending on where you are located, you might be able to find some inspiration in the name of nearby state or national parks. Or the roads that take you there. I'd love to name a dog Whiskey after the delightful whiskey jack birds in our beautiful Olympic National Park.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My OH likes the same theme. Our recent terrier is called maple ?

A little red poodle, I would have to name after a little red flower..
Rosie
Poppy

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
My OH likes the same theme. Our recent terrier is called maple ?

A little red poodle, I would have to name after a little red flower..
Rosie
Poppy
Pogo's opinion on Rosie as a name?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Pogo's opinion on Rosie as a name?
? brilliant

1 - 11 of 11 Posts