Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very sad. It makes you realize how greedy puppy millers are getting...

If you visit the Almost Heaven Kennels website, you’ll see lists of dogs from Boxers and Chihuahuas, to Dobes, Poodles, Danes, Shih Tzus, Yorkies and more with prices for dogs and puppies ranging up to $3000. Even their mixed breed, ‘designer’ dogs go for up to $1500 and more. He even has a page for ‘Rescues’ with ‘adoption fees’ from $150 up $1000… for rescue dogs! They offer boarding, grooming, and stud services along with all the neglected, abused and sick dogs and puppies for sale.
Full story plus video at: http://fortheloveofthedogblog.com/news-updates/almost-heaven-hell-for-animals-video

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
What makes me so mad about this is that if people wouldn't buy from them, they wouldn't be able to stay in business. Who is buying a puppy that costs that $3000 or a rescue of up to $1000? It's completely wrong what they do and some of the blame does lie with the consumer for keeping them in business.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Ugh, what a frustrating article. He's been abusing and neglecting dogs for over a decade! And he has 800 animals there and they only removed about 40?!? It's so difficult and SLOW to stop these practices...

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
What makes me so mad about this is that if people wouldn't buy from them, they wouldn't be able to stay in business. Who is buying a puppy that costs that $3000 or a rescue of up to $1000? It's completely wrong what they do and some of the blame does lie with the consumer for keeping them in business.
Completely agreed! I would say quite a good portion of blame lies with the consumer. They are the ones keeping these scumbags in business.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Completely agreed! I would say quite a good portion of blame lies with the consumer. They are the ones keeping these scumbags in business.
And it's not like we don't know what a puppy mills is nowdays. We all know even most pet owners should know what they are.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've found a lot of people don't know where petstore puppies come from, or how coming from a puppy mill can really screw up a dog. Though I'd say the last couple of years I hear more people knowing about them.

Now if only we could shut down CM. LOL

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I totally agree, what really ticked me off was the woman (millie) who they interview on the video. Her response was:

I find this extremely upsetting that they are constantly picking on this man who cares about animals....
WTH?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Sooooooooooo sick/sad that anybody would treat these poor animals this way. Glad he ws busted, hope they close him down completely this time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts