Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
100.jpg carpet 020.JPG 92.jpg 20200215_171623.jpg
How do you play with your poodle? Noodle is a total player and it gets pretty funny sometimes.
Walking through the house is play time, with all kinds of noise. We have a lot of toys and if I'm working at home, when I get up I will find an obstacle course of
things that squeak in my path, she likes to chase and be chased, and now I am working to train her to put her toys away. (slow going- she gets bored after 2)

·
Super Moderator
1,478 Posts
Pogo is obsessed with squeaky tennis balls. About 60% of his games involve doing something with a tennis ball: playing fetch with one either inside or out, teasing another dog with one, dropping a dirty tennis ball into a guest's lap during dinner, relaxing while squeezing one in his jaws repeatedly...

He also enjoys holding a stuffed animal between his paws while gently mouthing it. He reminds me a bit of a kitten milk treading when he does that.

During snowy weather he likes to catch snow as I shovel it off our deck. He will leap up to snap it out of the air. He used to play the same way with spray from the garden hose, but I didn't use the hose much last summer. I dont know if he is still interested.

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
Today we had a play date with a Golden and a Briard, both fellow adolescents. It was a nice change of pace. Usually Peggy's playtime revolves around us: Frisbee, fetch of any kind, indoor games of "Find it!" or her favourite—when my husband and I stand in different rooms and take turns calling her for treats.

We've also recently gotten a flirt pole for her, and I'm amazed by how quickly she figured it out. It's been great for maintaining her gentle mouth.

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
I love how the one with the red bandana has a wagging tail almost the entire time.
It's such a joy to watch!

I was inspired when I first saw that video to work on some "marionette" elements with Peggy, but after about 30 seconds she starts punctuating each move with an air snap or grumble. Impulse control is NOT her forte.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's such a joy to watch!

I was inspired when I first saw that video to work on some "marionette" elements with Peggy, but after about 30 seconds she starts punctuating each move with an air snap or grumble. Impulse control is NOT her forte.
On that lady's site she has training techniques which I thought were interesting. I think I'm like Peggy tho- after 30 seconds...true story :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today we had a play date with a Golden and a Briard, both fellow adolescents. It was a nice change of pace. Usually Peggy's playtime revolves around us: Frisbee, fetch of any kind, indoor games of "Find it!" or her favourite—when my husband and I stand in different rooms and take turns calling her for treats.

We've also recently gotten a flirt pole for her, and I'm amazed by how quickly she figured it out. It's been great for maintaining her gentle mouth.

I had to look up the flirt pole, that's clever! I'd be afraid of it around here because so far she hasn't any true interest in the fishermen aside from their bait.

We worked today on jumping through an arm hoop, Noodle leaps the stairs 6 at a time and is airborne and she can do them up and down, so I was working on the
bottom part of the arm hoop which was pretty exciting for her, a little hard on my old knees (on the stair) and just when I thought she'd never get tired it started to rain. (saved!)
Thanks to cowpony's post I used a squeaky tennis ball in as the motivator- worked like a charm!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Cool video!
It reminds me of freestyle heelwork to music.

I get bombarded by a ball or a chew toy when Evie wants to play fetch.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This move looks like something do-able:
It's a start :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the way she held her head for that picture, the white flashing around her eyes is so beautiful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts