Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, first, the poodle pedigree's. I have not sent in Cash's AKC reg. papers, but last night I got onto the Poodle Pedigree website, which I must say is very cool!!!

I didn't expect to find any of his relatives there, but thought I'd give it a try. His mother was listed on there, but not his dad. Then I figured that it was probably a very rare chance that he would have any titles dogs in his pedigree. Well, to my surprise, I did find some. It was several generations back, but there were some. Then I found one great, great grandsire who had a whole slew of titles dogs behind him. I wish I could figure out how to learn more about these older dogs in his history. Any suggestions?

All this made me think that all you have to do is look at my dogs pedigree to see where the "ball was dropped" so to say. All it took was one breeding of a akc ch. stud dog who has lots of titled dogs behind him, bred to an untitled female, to begin a line of dogs who's type and health may or may not have been considered when breeding these poodles.

Once I get Cash's registration back, I"ll be able to see more of the pedigree and hopefull be able to do more research on his dam's side. I can't wait to see what I find out! (Good or bad!)

Oh, yeah, and CASH IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!! No accidents in the house for over a week!!! Whoo Hoo! That's what they YEAH is for!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
What is Cash's mom's registered name? I'll look at the pedigree and point you in some of the right directions.

You are sooooo right about how a breeding program can take a wrong turn. Stud dog owners (and breeders who sell stud dogs) need to take their responsibility very seriously.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
His Mother's name is Victoria's Monique (Maybe without the apostrophe) And be forewarned, the titles dogs are a little ways back. Thanks for taking the time to do this! I have always loved getting to know more about my animals!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts