Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think both sound amazing and you will love whichever puppy you get regardless of colour :) I would lean towards the reds because these are what stole your heart in the first place (and I think if you're just looking for a puppy to love rather than to show, then you should definitely go with your heart). Having said that, it really is all about temperament - we set out looking for a dark red puppy and ended up falling in love with the only apricot in the litter, and we've never looked back! Would the breeders be willing to send you videos of mum and the pups if you're not able to go see them?

Also I had no idea apricots / reds were taller, that's really interesting. Noodle is 5 months old and probably about 25cm at the withers (although she won't stand still for long enough for me to be sure!)

·
Registered
114 Posts
You are completely right, it really is about temperament. I wish we could see the pups and get that bond. Apparently both breeders pick the right dog for you based on what you want, so choice seems limited with both which is gutting. Every time we have had a dog we have gone to see the litter and picked the little love who we bonded with there and then. Apricots are so beautiful bet yours is gorgeous and sounds the perfect size!
yeah I had no clue either until a poodle page I came across mentioned this as they are still quite a newish colour and breed from minis more often- I asked a breeder who we chose not to go with and they said a similar thing too- but again I have no idea if this is true but it stuck with me. I havent been able to meet any reds or apricots in real life to see as I find them a bit more hard to come by in the UK, I was planning on going to a few dog shows and discover dogs but they’ve all been postponed to next year so it really hinders us🙈
Oh wow, I hadn't heard of the breeder choice method, but it actually seems like quite a good idea - especially as both the breeders you've found sound like they really know their stuff! This is such a tough decision for you, but I'm sure whichever puppy you bring home will be wonderful :) Please keep us posted and send through lots of pictures of your new pup when s/he arrives!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.