Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's poodles climb everything they can? Mercury LOVES to climb furniture especially. His favorite are the shelves in my boys' room. There isn't anything up there that I think would interest a spoo, just playmobile pirate ships, but up he goes anyway knocking stuff off the shelves as he goes. He seems to really want to be on top of things like the coffee table, back of the couch, the dog house, etc. He just stands there looking regal. Perhaps part of it is he LOVES to be brushed out and I have a table I use when I do that and put it away when Im done. Right now he is trying to find a way to sniff the basketball basket on the top of my boy's closet door. He's trying to climb the toy box to get high enough to reach it while straining his neck up toward it with his nostrils flairing. This boy is fascinated by scents, however the hoop has been there longer than he's been alive. The toy box flipped over making it further away from the hoop so he groaned and is now pouting. And people say dogs don't have emotions.

·
Super Moderator
1,519 Posts
OMG, that's funny. Luckily the barn spoo isn't much of a climber. The terriers, however, are worse than cats as far as getting into things. They climb the bales in the hay shed. They jump up for rides on the hay cart when we are taking hay out to the horses. They jump into parked trucks if you leave the windows or bed gate open. I even had one try to climb the ladder I was standing on while I was replacing a flood light.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts