Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've just failed fostering so I guess that makes me a poodle owner. I have 3 border collies, a Polish Lowland Sheepdog, and a toy poodle named Oliver (also a patient husband and 2 children!). I have a friend that pulls and transports regularly for border collie rescue and she sent me the petfinder page of one that was on their pull list. As I scrolling through the other dogs I came across Oliver's picture and was intrigued. He had obviously been groomed and was listed as a senior. I called the animal control to get his story (this is a high kill shelter) and was told he wasn't available for adoption yet and had been picked up as stray. I just knew he'd be reclaimed so I didn't think about him much...until the day before the border collies were going to pulled. When I called the shelter I discovered he was still there and my friend kindly offered to pull him for me to foster. I felt sure I could find him a home here in Florida....just didn't think it'd be mine!

He is such the charming fellow! He's 6.5 lbs and black...maybe blue? I have to admit I'm not up on all the poodle colors! :) He's housebroken, loves my kids, adores my border collies, and has claimed the couch as his own. He knows how to sit, down, and although he has early stage cataracts, he's a healthy little guy approximately 8 years old.

I'm enjoying reading all of the threads at this site and find them most informative. I'm also reading up on grooming tips. I'm used to trying to grow coat so the concept of cutting it off is a bit foreign. I've always admired the poodles while showing my other dogs, so I figure this is just the universe giving me a nudge. I always thought I'd get a standard, though...but this little toy...sigh...such a sweetie!!

Nice to meet everyone!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Congrats on your new poodle! My cat Karma was a foster fail too but she has been the only one. Probably because she is too prissy for anyone else

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank goodness he found you. What a shame that a dog his age (or any dog for that matter) was in the shelter. I'm a new minipoodle owner and I am loving my poos. They are smart and funny characters. Congrats on your new buddy! Post pics when you get a chance :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts