Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello Poodle People!

My name is Angela, and I will be getting my 1st Poodle the 30th of this month! My family is so very excited! The new puppy I picked out is a Cream Female. I haven't picked out a name yet, so Ill probably be back to get a few suggestions and Ideas!

Thank you for having me be apart of your forum!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Yea!!!! So very exciting. You will love her and she will adore your every move. It will be fun to see her. A couple of us are getting puppies at the same time. We can watch them grow together.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Welcome. I'm new too.

What part of the country are you in? Who is your breeder? What is your puppy's pedigree?

Cream is absolutely beautiful, especially when they have dark black pigment. It is so nice to be able to see their expressions. I find that Cream also does not get as hot in the sun as black or brown and they are certainly easier to see in the tent at night!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome. I'm new too.

What part of the country are you in? Who is your breeder? What is your puppy's pedigree?

Cream is absolutely beautiful, especially when they have dark black pigment. It is so nice to be able to see their expressions. I find that Cream also does not get as hot in the sun as black or brown and they are certainly easier to see in the tent at night!

I live in NC. My breeder's is a Vanhoy, and as for the puppy's Pedigree, the puppy is AKC registered, the sire's Great grandpa won best in show at the Westminster Dog Show, the Dam's Great -grandmother won best in breed, OFA excellent, Very health line. But I just wanted a pet quality puppy. I will not be breeding or showing.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I live in NC. My breeder's is a Vanhoy, and as for the puppy's Pedigree, the puppy is AKC registered, the sire's Great grandpa won best in show at the Westminster Dog Show, the Dam's Great -grandmother won best in breed, OFA excellent, Very health line. But I just wanted a pet quality puppy. I will not be breeding or showing.
I guess I don't know what a Vanhoy is. So does this line come down from Whisperwind on a Carousel then? I'm always interested in pedigrees and if you have the information, I would love to know the name of the dam and sire.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess I don't know what a Vanhoy is. So does this line come down from Whisperwind on a Carousel then? I'm always interested in pedigrees and if you have the information, I would love to know the name of the dam and sire.

LOL Vanhoy is her last name. She is a pretty new breeder, The Grandparents belong to who ever her breeder was. But I will make a point to ask her more about her Dam and Sire Ancestry, it is pretty interesting.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hi and :welcome:!! Congrats on the new pup!! I know how excited you must be!!
We're getting our new puppy around the same time, (Aug21) so it will be fun to compare notes!! We're getting a Red Male Standard :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi and :welcome:!! Congrats on the new pup!! I know how excited you must be!!
We're getting our new puppy around the same time, (Aug21) so it will be fun to compare notes!! We're getting a Red Male Standard :)

Thank you! Have you got any names picked out yet?? I still dont know what to name this little girl!!! I'm so excited!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Thank you! Have you got any names picked out yet?? I still dont know what to name this little girl!!! I'm so excited!!!
yes :) his name is Rogan "Silken's Red Rogue O'Dugan"... If you look at this thread you'll see a bunch of his puppy pictures :beauty: http://www.poodleforum.com/showthread.php?t=2467

oh yeah, here's a name I like ... (I thought I already posted this but I can't find it! so I apologize if it's a repeat! lol)
The girl's name Luna \l(u)-na\ is pronounced LOO-nah. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "moon". Mythology: one of the names of Artemis, goddess of the moon.
SO pretty for a white dog!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes :) his name is Rogan "Silken's Red Rogue O'Dugan"... If you look at this thread you'll see a bunch of his puppy pictures :beauty: http://www.poodleforum.com/showthread.php?t=2467

oh yeah, here's a name I like ... (I thought I already posted this but I can't find it! so I apologize if it's a repeat! lol)
The girl's name Luna \l(u)-na\ is pronounced LOO-nah. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "moon". Mythology: one of the names of Artemis, goddess of the moon.
SO pretty for a white dog!
He is so precious!!!:love:

Luna is a pretty name. This is going to be hard. I have to pick a name that the whole family is going to be happy with.

I like Lola, but maybe its too common. I just dont know yet!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts