1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
985 Posts
He looks like a lovely dog. Someone is going to be very lucky to find him.

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,804 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,713 Posts
I wonder how he ended up needing to be rehomed at such a young age. It seems like his current rescue is being very careful to find him a home that can deal with teenaged poodle needs. Frustrating for potential adopters, but good for the dog when he does finally get placed.

·
Registered
Casey, toy poodle - RIP 11/06/2003 to 02/23/2021
146 Posts
There's a standard poodle puppy in Illinois that needs rescue. He's 6 months old. Pet Biography - A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation

Does anyone know of a poodle specific rescue in Illinois we can contact as well?
That was fast. Their website has NO Red SPoo under Adopt. Usually if a dog is Adopted, there's a photo with the word underneath so you. But I don't even see a photo. Hoping that's great news!

·
Premium Member
24,127 Posts
It looks like he has found a home since clicking on the link just now didn't show him. I hope he is on his way to a great new home.

It was sad and strange to see such a young poodle on the rescue scene. I wonder if this was the beginning of a COVID wave of available adoptions.

Reactions: buddyrose

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
I’m not surprised he was scooped up quickly. In my local human society they are adopted by the volunteers walkers and never get to be advertised.

I looks like they were careful, I hope the little guy went to a good home.

·
Super Moderator
2,713 Posts
I hope it works out well. The organization was being very particular regarding fencing, prior poodle experience etc. They wanted the adopters to have a very clear understanding this dog was not just going to lie around the house like an exceptionally lumpy flokati rug.

On a tangent, earlier this week I checked out a rescue site for another breed. This particular rescue gets a lot of retired puppy mill breeders. The rescue devotes a lot of resources to socializing dogs that have basically spent six years living in a shed. The dogs are scared of people, scared of household noises, scared of the outside world, basically scared of anything thing that isn't a friendly dog on the other side of a chain link partition. The rescue finds mentor dogs very helpful in helping the breeder dogs adjust to home life, but the breeder dogs still require careful handling for years. Reading about these dogs made me both sad and angry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts