Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my first standard about 20 years ago I have paid attention to standard poodle names - or perhaps more to the point, their owners who bestow the names. Here are some poodle names I can recall:
Murrey, Alex, Zelda, Brubeck, Raquel, Nelson, Houdini, Ravel, Fiona, Omar, Schubert, and others of some uniqueness. No "Spot" or "Scooter" or "Lady." Names for poodles seem to be well thought out and seldom seem to be call-names.
A friend of mine named his standard puppy "Napoleon" because he was a "little tyrant." When Markus was a small pup I called him "ENRON" because he could shred paper so quickly/

Mike

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Some of the really cute names I recall from my youth...

Bibelots Tall, Dark and Handsome- Tramp

Bibelot`s Clean as a Whistle- Suds

Cherod That`s My Number- Bingo

Bibelot`s Funtastic of Cherod- Funny

Now with everyone needing their kennel name on a dog, it really shortens what you can do. I co-own a boy whose name is just all three kennels involved with him- Harmony Mtns Silken Arreau. That is all we had room for!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Markus's grampa was a Bibelot sire. His mom is a Bibelot gray. Susan F has some gorgeous standards.

Mike

·
Registered
448 Posts
When Markus was a small pup I called him "ENRON" because he could shred paper so quickly/

LOL!!!! That's a great one!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this the dog named "Tin" ??? As I recall Markus's gramp was partly owned by gentleman named Mort G. I can't recall his call-name at the moment.
Bibelot is a famous kennel name for those who might be lurking here.
Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I remember. Markus's granpa had the call-name "Spencer." Maybe my next standard will have that name. A classy name.
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts