Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I rewatched Best In Show today for about the 20th time. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't seen it! It's a mock documentary about some competitors in the Mayflower Dog Show. It features a Standard Poodle, Norwich Terrier, Weimeraner, Shih Tzu and Bloodhound. My mom and I think whoever wrote it must have spent some time at dog shows - it's just so bang on!

Here's a clip from the movie introducing us to the poodle owner and her husband. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8PnRM-m7Dg

So any other recommendations for movies with dogs (poodles)?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Not Poodles, but my favorite dog movie is The Ugly Dachshund. It's about a couple who breed their Dachshund and their vet asks them to take one of his Great Dane puppies b/c the dam couldn't feed them all. It's so cute!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I have seen both movies and enjoy BIS. I Love the ugly dachshund though!! Great movie! I also like "The Doberman Gang". It is an older movie too. "The Princess Diaries 2" has a st. poodle in it.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The only dog movies (with poodles in them) I can think of is "hotel for dogs", "Good boy", "Look who's talking now", "Dogs & Cats" and my all time fav "heidi 4 paws"

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not Poodles, but my favorite dog movie is The Ugly Dachshund. It's about a couple who breed their Dachshund and their vet asks them to take one of his Great Dane puppies b/c the dam couldn't feed them all. It's so cute!
Harley chik: That is one of my all-time favorite movies too!! I just love it.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I rewatched Best In Show today for about the 20th time. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't seen it! It's a mock documentary about some competitors in the Mayflower Dog Show. It features a Standard Poodle, Norwich Terrier, Weimeraner, Shih Tzu and Bloodhound. My mom and I think whoever wrote it must have spent some time at dog shows - it's just so bang on!

Here's a clip from the movie introducing us to the poodle owner and her husband. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8PnRM-m7Dg

So any other recommendations for movies with dogs (poodles)?

That was soooooo funny! I'll have to see if I can get it and watch it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
"Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?" is another good one. It's old, with Jayne Mansfield. There is a Standard Poodle in the movie who is in many scenes, wearing colored hair, custom outfits matching Jaynes, as well as pops up with her in the bubble bath!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts