Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Poodle Forum!

I recently welcomed a miniature poodle boy into my life, he is 5.5 months old now, a black miniature who we have named "Neo".

This morning we went to the dog park and there happened to be a Corgi meetup there and I thought to myself, it would be great if there was a poodle meetup! However upon Google searching I was disappointed to find there is only one poodle meetup group in the Bay Area, and it seems to be for Standards only. Of course, there were many, many Doodle meetup groups, lol!

Is there anyone on here who lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with a poodle who might like to meet up for a play date with my puppy? He really does love playing with other poodles. I specifically live in the East Bay.

Let me know! If there are a few people, maybe we can start an all poodle sizes poodle meetup group. Would love to have the chance for my puppy to meet and play with some other awesome poodles, and for me to meet some other awesome poodle owners!

Registered
I'm in Southern Oregon myself. So close but yet so far! I would LOVE if there were poodle play dates locally. I hope you find some other poodley pups to play with

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Registered
Hi from the South Bay! Are you planning on going to Poodle Day in Carmel? It might be a bit overwhelming for a young pup, but the beach play is a blast. We're going to try to make it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hi from the South Bay! Are you planning on going to Poodle Day in Carmel? It might be a bit overwhelming for a young pup, but the beach play is a blast. We're going to try to make it.
I was considering going actually! But I am a bit worried that it will be overwhelming for him. And the beach play sounds GREAT but he does not have good recall yet, I wouldn't really feel comfortable letting him play off leash in an open area.... I am thinking of just really focusing on recall training for the next while until Poodle Day and then if I think it's up to snuff, maybe we will drive down! It would be so fun to let him experience the beach, he hasn't been to the beach yet!

Registered
Do whatever makes you feel safest, but let me tell you, even a dog with a poor recall isn't going to run far from you at the beach! They feel more vulnerable and tend to stick close.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts