Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound silly, but do you ever just overflow with love for your poodle? Like your heart's dam is overwhelmed by the sheer force of your feelings?

Sometimes I can't believe such a silly, loving, intelligent creature exists, and that I am lucky enough to share a home with her. Peggy teaches my husband and me so much—and many of those teachings come in the form of challenges—but her ability to really cuddle in close and just rest with us is where she really gets me. Those moments are precious beyond words.

When do you feel closest to your poodle?

·
Registered
12,602 Posts
I think the "once upon a time..." bedtime snuggle is perhaps our closest time. Poppy cuddles under the duvet with me while I recount all the good things that have happened during the day, and gloss over any bad ones! But what makes my heart sing is to see her simply being happy out and about - sniffing through the grass with Sophy, having a brief run after a squirrel or to greet a friend, tail wagging and eyes smiling. Such small, simple things, but proof that her life is still good, and that for the moment we are still winning.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I definitely know that loving your dog SO much feeling. I can think of so many examples with Bobby and my previous dog, Moose. Poodle love is when we just look at each other. He is such a happy dog. I swear he is smiling at me. He loves to be talked to which of course, we do all the time! He is so responsive! Amazing!
Poodle love is his tail that absolutely shivers with joy when he’s excited and happy! Always makes my heart happy!
Poodle love is when he snuggles by me every morning as I sit and drink my coffee....he’s my blankie dog. Poodle love is when he wakes me up every morning with his silly face in mine that ends up being a cuddle fest. Of course it’s because he’s hungry but I love and relish it despite his true motives.😉Poodle love is when he squeezes his eyes and shoves his snooter in my face lovingly when I’m combing his top knot. It’s snooter kissy time. So many things. Yes...I seriously love my poodle boy. ❤
Thank you for starting this thread. Bobby and I have been struggling with a couple of things on his walks this past month so it so helpful to remind myself of the joy, happiness and love that he brings to me/us every day.❤

·
Super Moderator
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the "once upon a time..." bedtime snuggle is perhaps our closest time. Poppy cuddles under the duvet with me while I recount all the good things that have happened during the day, and gloss over any bad ones! But what makes my heart sing is to see her simply being happy out and about - sniffing through the grass with Sophy, having a brief run after a squirrel or to greet a friend, tail wagging and eyes smiling. Such small, simple things, but proof that her life is still good, and that for the moment we are still winning.
We seriously need a Poppy and Sophy children's book. Melting my heart!

·
Super Moderator
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely know that loving your dog SO much feeling. I can think of so many examples with Bobby and my previous dog, Moose. Poodle love is when we just look at each other. He is such a happy dog. I swear he is smiling at me. He loves to be talked to which of course, we do all the time! He is so responsive! Amazing!
Poodle love is his tail that absolutely shivers with joy when he’s excited and happy! Always makes my heart happy!
Poodle love is when he snuggles by me every morning as I sit and drink my coffee....he’s my blankie dog. Poodle love is when he wakes me up every morning with his silly face in mine that ends up being a cuddle fest. Of course it’s because he’s hungry but I love and relish it despite his true motives.😉Poodle love is when he squeezes his eyes and shoves his snooter in my face lovingly when I’m combing his top knot. It’s snooter kissy time. So many things. Yes...I seriously love my poodle boy. ❤
Thank you for starting this thread. Bobby and I have been struggling with a couple of things on his walks this past month so it so helpful to remind myself of the joy, happiness and love that he brings to me/us every day.❤
I love this. Thanks for the big smile. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I know the feeling. Sometimes they look at you and it's like your souls are connecting. And they're so happy just to be able to share their lives with us.
Aw. Yessss. That was such a breakthrough in Peggy's social development, when she began offering extended eye contact in that very "searching" way. It's such a special feeling!

Love those chocolatey brown poodle eyes.

·
Super Moderator
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Normie's a snuggler. So sometimes when he's snuggled in against (or on) one of us, we share a look and agree that we were so lucky to find a dog that fits us so well....especially now.
I do not even want to imagine the past 7 months without a poodle.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Miracle is the first dog I've had that not only wants to sit in my lap, but sit in a way so she can stare into my eyes. She only does this with me, and she will stay there even in uncomfortable positions as long as I keep putting her. Jasper used to also be a snuggler, but it was different. He is more my goofy guy and talker. I struggle with the thought that one day my dogs will be gone because I know I would be disappointed with a new dog if I don't have that same connection again.

·
Super Moderator
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Miracle is the first dog I've had that not only wants to sit in my lap, but sit in a way so she can stare into my eyes. She only does this with me, and she will stay there even in uncomfortable positions as long as I keep putting her. Jasper used to also be a snuggler, but it was different. He is more my goofy guy and talker. I struggle with the thought that one day my dogs will be gone because I know I would be disappointed with a new if I don't have that same connection again.
I understand that feeling. I had a bond like no other with my last girl, Gracie. I miss her every single day. It felt like an invisible tether stretching and then snapping as I navigated my grief.

But.....as my connection with Peggy grows and roots deeper, I'm able to see how unique it is. And that uniqueness is what I try to focus on.

There will never be another Gracie. But there's a Peggy. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
It’s not silly I find this a lot mostly at random times 🥰 Diva is definitely very special to all in the family and very much a family member. Last week I took her the vets for a check up and I had to leave her at the door, due to Covid, so waited outside. She never leaves us especially to go with strangers. After the appointment, she ran up to me jumped up and wrapped her front paws around my arm, staring at me, as if to say “Why did you leave me, where have you been, I’ve missed you so much” 🥺 (it was about 5mins)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Oh, all the time.

When he lifts his feet up so I can put his harness on.

When I go upstairs, forget something, and come straight back down, and he gets up and greets me as if I've been gone for hours.

When I see the gears turning as we try to figure out something together in training.

When a few days ago, he was allowed to sleep in my room, and he kept pawing at my bed with wide eyes, as if to say "Is this really real? I get to be up here with you?"

When he zips around the room like a crazy goofball after a grooming session.

When he sits on my lap and stares intensely into my eyes while I pet him.

When he looks up at me after he did what I asked--"Did you see that? Did you see that?"

When he gives me a quick 'thank-you' kiss just before eating.

I could go on... But I don't think I'd ever stop ;). Maybe this is just me being a sappy Christian, but I have a personal theory that dogs were put here to teach us unrelenting, forever love freed from the issues of human relationships.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes, all the time.

I overflow with love, and feel so loved when I wake up in the morning and he’s snuggled up with his face right next to mine on the pillow.

Or when we are out walking and he stops and waits for me to catch up, or drops himself into a heel and nudges my hand with his nose.

It’s especially apparent when he does something that I would be horrified at if it were other human members of the family, but because it’s him it is endearing.

For example belching with intense eye contact. My husband thinks it’s quite unfair that I coo and ask if his dinner was tasty instead of the response my husband would get if he did that, which would be less than favorable.

Or when he stretches his legs out fully and takes up all the room on the bed.

He’s so sweet that he could get away with anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Enzo has so many quirks that make me feel close to him
He loves to pick up his toy duck Georgie and parade around me when I enter the room
His wigglebutt when he gets excited
His googly eyes and big nose
His eyes staring into my soul when I give him pats
When Enzo is a supercharged energizer bunny (zoomies)
When he makes me hold his paw or when he places his paw on my arm
When he gets up from where he's laying to cuddle with me
When he makes Scooby-Doo like noises
When he sleeps on his back or wags his tail in his sleep

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Asta and I have a tremendous bond, mostly developed as I started his training to be my Psych SD. He loves his work but is great at relaxing and having some off time too. I love it when he decides it would be great to lie on the bed and then he takes over. Love his jump up command where he jumps up and I hold him on his front feet and he covers me with doggie kisses. He has those searching brown eyes that communicate so well. Can't say enough about Asta, my good boyo.

·
Registered
460 Posts
This might sound silly, but do you ever just overflow with love for your poodle? Like your heart's dam is overwhelmed by the sheer force of your feelings?

Sometimes I can't believe such a silly, loving, intelligent creature exists, and that I am lucky enough to share a home with her. Peggy teaches my husband and me so much—and many of those teachings come in the form of challenges—but her ability to really cuddle in close and just rest with us is where she really gets me. Those moments are precious beyond words.

When do you feel closest to your poodle?
Not silly when Poodles are involved. Sometimes I look up and see Charlie staring at me with his heart shining from his honest brown eyes. We are so grateful to have him, especially now when we are forced to stay thousands of kilometres away from some of our children, my elderly parents and extended family . Charlie is the most cheerful and loving dog

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts