1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Love to help, but can't from the angles of these photos. They should be taken from dead on, front and rear and from a full side view. Also, unfortunately we can't evaluate his head or feet because of the hair. Care to shave them for us? :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I don't know anything about conformation, but i just had to say what a cute pup he is! I love the fluffy teddy bear look on him, it really works for some poodles and he's one of them.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love to help, but can't from the angles of these photos. They should be taken from dead on, front and rear and from a full side view. Also, unfortunately we can't evaluate his head or feet because of the hair. Care to shave them for us? :)
Will try again. I needed a good photo for his therapy dog application, and thought we would have a photo session. Vasco firmly believes that photo shoots are not in his contract. These were the result. What isn't posted is 900 photos of poodle jumping off table, poodle licking his bits, blurry wigglebutt poodle, etc.

I will have a go at his feet. Pretty sure that I can trim those without incurring the ire of S.O., but if I shave his face, I'm in serious breech of contract :).

In the meantime, off to search archives for hints and tips on stacking a poodle.

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
I have just deleted a couple of dozen photos of bare earth, grass, pebbles - where a poodle was when I pressed the button, but wasn't by the time the shutter clicked! This week's project is self stacking ...

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have just deleted a couple of dozen photos of bare earth, grass, pebbles - where a poodle was when I pressed the button, but wasn't by the time the shutter clicked! This week's project is self stacking ...
Hah! Exactly! Glad it's not just me. For one good photo, there are hundreds of near misses. I'm tempted to photoshop bits of poodle from various partial shots ... I may have enough for one complete poodle :).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hah! Exactly! Glad it's not just me. For one good photo, there are hundreds of near misses. I'm tempted to photoshop bits of poodle from various partial shots ... I may have enough for one complete poodle :).
I taught Flash a stand-stay specifically so I could step back and photograph and/or evaluate a groom in progress. Therewas no way to catch him standing still otherwise!!

The hard part was getting him to keep his head straight, he always wanted to look at me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts