Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have, ever year, a big county fair, yay. At said fair there are tons of vender booths and various organizations spreading the word about their cause. Our kennel club has a booth that the fair association gives us for free since we use the fairgrounds year round for classes and our yearly dog shows. So they make alot of $$ off of us LoL.

Tonight was my night to go sit in booth and do public ed. on responsibe dog ownership and awareness of some reccent Fla legislation. Jazz and Saleen were a big hit, as poodles always are :) Thanks to the fact that they are poodles and Jazz happens to still be a bit pink grooming questions were pretty common so lots of my new flyers went home with lots of people :) Yay. Jazz had a BLAST and made tons of new friends. Saleen was a little overwhelmed but still had fun. Of course she can't compair to super therapy dog Jazz who never met a stranger but she's young still and there were tons of kids that beanie just didn't know what to make of. She was content to let Jazz be the spokepoodle lol.

Anyway of course, I have a picture of our little group in our booth. Jazz front and center as always :) Though if I had been thinking about it I may have put her in front of prego me. I am horrified at my current state lol. Thats my mom and the famous Mr.Wonderful sitting on the chair, hahaha love the pic of him! Then of course we have demon spoo Saleen...
Hubby is holding Jazz... see ladies He's NOT a super modle kind of guy so I dunno what the deal was that night when we were buying paint LoL. Nobody was hitting on him tonight though.
2009_1105fair090047.jpg

We are going back Sunday for a meet the breeds presentation and I don't know if I will take Saleen. Jazz is so much more outgoing which is partly the point but she's pink and I'm going to get a lot of crap from the dog show purists that are in the club lol. Maybe we'll take them both again, I don't want Saleen to miss out on the social skills oppertunity since she seems to be going through a bit of a shy phase.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Little Mr. Wonderful cracks me up in the picture, he's SO over pictures.

And don't be horrified, you look amazing! (dare I say glowing? :) )

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And don't be horrified, you look amazing! (dare I say glowing? :) )
Well thankyou LoL.
glowing... you need to read my blog. I have a whole paragraph in my last entry about glowing LoL.

Hehe, only reason I can smile today is b/c hubby refilled my script for my anti sickness pills tonight and I hadn't barfed in over two hours. Ahhhh, sweet relief. I really have to stay on top of those refils, I always wait until I'm totaly out and then decide I can live without them... then it hits LoL. I've been curled up on the couch for the last two days unable to eat or drink or really move much.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I would take Saleen as much as you can right now and let her sit in the back if she wants but still have her there.
Mandy is 2 and just now has decided people are awsome snugglers LOL.
She was always shy and quiet and let Casey get all the cuddles but since going to the dog park a lot more she has changed and is a social butterfly.
Not silly yippy crazy for people like Casey but definatly goes up and introduces her soft gentle self if they offer to rub her top knot.
It is so fun to watch her blossem as some one put it. Yet it would have been so easy to just leave her home and just take one with me

·
Registered
335 Posts
Your dogs are beautiful! Avatars don't do them justice-and your husband looks so nice. Sounds like you are enjoying your last few months of freedom (before baby!)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
What a wonderful thing you are doing. I would love to have something like that around here! You look wonderful and happy. I used to get sick like that with nearly all my pregnancies so you really have my sympathy!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Poodle power!

Holy cow! I think I may need to rename my business after Jazz instead of Wonder. We were only at the fair last night for a 2 1/2 hours with the spoos and I've already gotten a new client. Apparently somebody we spoke to last night refered a friend with a new puppy to me. Just got off the phone with the lady and she more interested in getting to meet JAZZ than me!! LoL. She said her friend was really impressed last night and so she decided to cancle her appointment at a competing salon down the street and called me up to see when I could get her little shih tzu puppy in. I guess not only is Jazz a great therapy dog but she's also quite the marketing expert LoL.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! Saleen's really lightened up, hasn't she? Your group is adorable ^^
she sure is getting silver. I've been a little annoyed with how long it takes them to clear. I want a silver poodle NOW lol. Looking back on photos the other night though I was shocked at just how much she has changed in color and in size. She was a little black puppy with a grey face, I don't remember her being dark or that little now though lol.

Weirdly though several people commented last night "ooohhh look at the pretty chocolate one" talking about Saleen. I was a little stunned. hahaha, I know my hubby is colorblind, (no seriously he is), but even he doesn't think she's anywhere near chocolate LoL.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
It sounds like you have such a good time. It would be fun to have the dogs and tell people how wonderful poodles can be. Not to mention watching all the other stuff going on at the fair.

I can see both Jazz and Saleen getting you new clients. Most every Spoo I see around here is shaved. The ears and tail don't even look done. A properly groomed poodle is really spectacular.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rofl, you haven't seen a photo of Jazz lately I guess. She is ponydoodle gone horribly wrong. Saleen is perdy but Jazz is welll.... hair grows back. I know it does! LoL. Imagine my horror to have the very first person walk up to the booth be a rival groomer I used to work with at petsmart (we hated eachother from day one and life never got easier for two years). I guess now we can be civil/friendly to now since she was loving all over Jazz and saying what "good hair" she has which in her world ment I'd like to scissor this kind of coat. I guess we've both grown up, though John refused to speak to her (jerk). She went on and on about how she was desperate for a standard lol. Would have been nicer though to have her see Jazz in one of her better styles. Oh well, maybe a shopping trip to petsmart is in order. Neener neener I'VE GOT A POODLE... :p hehehe.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That is great that you get to do this! I think it is wonderful and poodles certainly do attract a lot of attention...lol. The photo is great, and you look FINE! But, I think Mr. Wonderful was bored with the whole proceedings....LOL.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I think your husband would be a lot cuter if you let his ears and topknot grow out.

:rofl:

PS Don't be embarrassed about your appearance--you look great!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think your husband would be a lot cuter if you let his ears and topknot grow out.

:rofl:

PS Don't be embarrassed about your appearance--you look great!
Hehehe, yeah but long ears on a husband are such a pain. They get in his food at dinner... you can't take him anywhere nice LoL. With all the work he has to do a short TK is very practical, he sweats alot - ugh. It doesn't take long to dry either, very handy since the spoos do. I just haven't got the time to maintain the longer styles on him LoL. Besides I can't *ahem* "have fun" with a guy who's hair is longer than mine...

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Mr Wonderful is a cute! I cannot tell what he is with his mouth open lol. Oh yes pregnancy, I do not miss that. Thats too bad your still getting sick ugh...

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Since I'm 3 for 3 on guessing the dog's breed tonight, I'll venture a guess that Mr. Wonderful is either a long haired chihuahua or a chihuahua-pekingese mix.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You, your poodles and your husband look great. Nice, happy family. So good to meet people and let them see how wonderful poodles are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts