Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone surrendered two standard poodle puppies to a humane society near me. They are 4.5 months old and I’m hoping to apply to adopt the female! She looks so sweet. She is getting spayed tomorrow they said which seems way too young to be spayed!?! They said she is very shy and afraid and will take time to trust her new people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Oh, how sad! She is precious. I hope you can adopt her! Most shelters require spaying or neutering before a dog or cat goes home, unfortunately for those who are so young.

Please keep us posted!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, how sad! She is precious. I hope you can adopt her! Most shelters require spaying or neutering before a dog or cat goes home, unfortunately for those who are so young.

Please keep us posted!

I hope so too! I am supposed to call tomorrow to answer questions! What color would she be considered? Apricot? Not that the color matters, just curious!

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Oh I think she is just adorable - hope you will be able to add her to your family.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Her eyes are so expressive. I hope it works out and you can bring this baby home.

Reactions: Mfmst and Jessica_

·
Premium Member
22,972 Posts
She is very pretty and given how young she is I would say apricot, but that part is the least of it. I hope it works out for you.

Reactions: Jessica_

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
What a beauty! I hope you end up being the lucky person who takes her home :). Keep us updated! It seems rare to find poodles in a shelter/rescue. I was very fortunate to find Miracle through a rescue.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is her brother who is also there, I wish I could get both but I don’t think I could raise 2 puppies right not plus my two I already have that are still young and my 6 month old human baby. :) and I don’t know if I could talk my husband into two more puppies haha!

·
Registered
920 Posts
The shelters’ mandatory spay/neuter policies are a condition of grants that they receive. Had a long discussion with one of our region’s most respected vets about this. He admitted to reversing his opinion about the mandatory programs due to the negative effects of early procedures.

My non-spoo has a partially hooded vulva, a side effect, he said, of an early spay. She is a foster failure, relinquished to the humane society as a young puppy.

If I were closer to that shelter I would be tempted. But, hey, Illinois is just a state away, right?!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Wow-rare find in a shelter, especially so young. Hope it works out! Do you know the circumstances around the surrender?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
They are both so cute. I hope you get her. Is there no poodle rescue there. I know our rescue would take the brother in a heartbeat. But we re so far away. Heck I would take him and find the right home if necessary. I don't think I could leave him there. I will let our local rescue know, maybe they can help but we are in Louisiana but they may have contacts, anyway worth a try.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
That would be so awesome! They are in Onalaska Wi at Coulee Region Humane Society

Well I am in Wisconsin, but I just do not have the right kind of life right now for a puppy, unfortunately :( Also not sure if my apartment allows dogs that young. If he would be older, I would apply immediately!!

Still hoping you get his sweet sister and maybe a close PF member gets the brother! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts