·
Registered
7,334 Posts
She has an artistic streak.

Reactions: For Want of Poodle

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does Annie get into your thread or needles? What's your system of poodle proofing your sewing stuff?

I haven't taken my machine out or 4 boxes of altering related fabric/tools/etc since I got Basil because I'm afraid her puppy curiosity and the excitement of new stuff in the environment would be too stimulating.

·
Premium Member
23,404 Posts
It took just over a year after Lily and Peeves came home for the "helpers" to become disinterested enough for me to be able to knit again.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
LOL, when I am outside weeding I'll sometimes let Renn run about with his ball and toss it a few times in-between, but he has now decided to help me and will pull weeds, or grass out, he does't discriminate between them.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha. At least she doesn't shed. My cat lay down and went to sleep on my face mask cutouts the other day.
Cats are great help, arent they? Last time i made a quilt (years ago), it was a solid black CAT that was the problem. Luckily, Annie cant jump on ironing boards, doesnt shed, and doesnt sit on my sewing table in the way of where i push the fabric after sewing.

How kind of you to make a nice bed for her on the floor
First non dog sewing project since i got her - she might be confused.
Does Annie get into your thread or needles? What's your system of poodle proofing your sewing stuff?

I haven't taken my machine out or 4 boxes of altering related fabric/tools/etc since I got Basil because I'm afraid her puppy curiosity and the excitement of new stuff in the environment would be too stimulating.
Honestly- she is almost 2, and i havent done anything big enough i need floor space since getting her, or anything requiring more than an hour or two. My previous puppy proofing strategy was to keep everything up on a table, she ignores things on table, and didnt seem particularly overwhelmed by it, just occasionally interrupts me to say i am boring and focusing on the wrong thing - she is far more interestimg than some noisy machine. I suppose you could crate Basil while you sew .

LOL, when I am outside weeding I'll sometimes let Renn run about with his ball and toss it a few times in-between, but he has now decided to help me and will pull weeds, or grass out, he does't discriminate between them.
I started Annie helping gardening as a puppy. She loves to 'help'. Unfortunately she is convinced that daylilies are weeds! My favourite Annie gardening story was when i tied her to a tree as a puppy, while i planted 20 something transplanted daylilies, looked back, and discovered she was methodically going to each hole, pulling them out, and dragging them into a pile under the tree. Luckily daylilies are edible, but was not happy!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

You want me to to do what? Move?

Ok, i will move! Here, scratch my chin!

Poodle continues to help. I have laid out the large blocks at least 5 times now, small blocks a similar number of times. Even sewed a couple blocks. Good thing she is cute! She wins, bed now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts