Poodle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Normie has a new 'rule'

No more having to move that half-eaten rawhide dental chew from place to place to hide it, then trying to dig in the carpet and hearing the NO word.

He wants a Chuck E Cheese ball pit for every dog.

Registered
Winnie would love free access to the sock drawer and also like Lily and Javelin would love me to trim back the shrubs that block her view when she sits on the back of the sofa to watch the world go by. She would love to stand with all 4 paws in the kitchen while I'm cooking too. Finally, she would also love for the door to the treat cupboard to fall off.
What is it with poodles and socks???!!!!!! 馃槅

Registered
Zoe would like someone who would throw the ball all day long. Then, at night, she would prefer to sleep in our bed instead of her crate. Just simple things!

Premium Member
If Phoebe could be with me/touching me 24/7/365, she would be a happy clam.
Lily also says that sounds marvelous.

Registered
Hugo says he would like to meet and play with every dog he encounters on his walks and have them all come home and play with him in the yard. He would also like to bring a few children along too. Unlimited access to upstairs (this dream will eventually come true!). No brushing, nail clipping, baths EVER! Add on an unlimited supply of bully sticks and no hide roll chews (forget the boring kibble!) and he says he would be in dog heaven.

Registered
Topper has a long list - 24/7 access to me, socks, bully braids and food. No collars, leashes or grooming of any kind. Lots of lure coursing and nose work, plus hikes in the woods. New toys every day. Lots of play time with other dogs, as long as they don't tackle him like his cousin Dolly, an English shepherd, does. No more instructions to "leave it." And for gosh sakes, no more looking at the computer or phone instead of the handsome poodle!!

Registered
Stella would love for me to stop telling her to be quiet every time the annoying people on four-wheelers drive by our house. (Why don't you tell THEM to be quiet, huh?馃え) Also, Stella would like her own window to sit guard at all day long.
Lily would like to have snuggles all day, every day. Also, she would like to be able to play indoor fetch in a bigger room. (Fetch is not to be played outside silly humans, there are far better things to do out there.馃檮)
Both of them would be in Heaven if they could achieve unlimited ear rubs and butt scratches. Why don't people understand that the poodle is far superior to ANYTHING else a human could dream of being important. Jobs and school are things that can wait; a poodle can not wait. Ever.

Registered
Remy鈥檚 list:

• Mama never go anywhere without Remy. Ever.
  • Remy sleep in Mama鈥檚 bed. Remy doesn鈥檛 know what allergies are but maybe the Big Guy can sleep in his crate?
  • Also no crate for Remy except maybe just sometimes when he wants it.
  • Remy eat all people food with paws up on people table except for green beans and his flea and tick medicine no thank you no.
  • Remy gets to put paws on kitchen counters and see everything and lick everything, okay.
  • No jar lid on peanut butter.
  • No baths. Just hose.
  • Remy gets cuddles from groomer but no groom for him, okay bye.
  • Remy gets to run all over neighborhood saying hi hi hi hi hi hi to everyone and all the gates open for Remy, and he pees on all the mailboxes with nobody saying no.
  • Remy gets to lick Mama right on her mouth.
  • Remy gets to chase the deer and one day he will catch one and say hi hi hi鈥 okay, have no plan for catching one.
  • Remy keep all the socks forever hooray.

Registered
Remy鈥檚 list:

• Mama never go anywhere without Remy. Ever.
  • Remy sleep in Mama鈥檚 bed. Remy doesn鈥檛 know what allergies are but maybe the Big Guy can sleep in his crate?
  • Also no crate for Remy except maybe just sometimes when he wants it.
  • Remy eat all people food with paws up on people table except for green beans and his flea and tick medicine no thank you no.
  • Remy gets to put paws on kitchen counters and see everything and lick everything, okay.
  • No jar lid on peanut butter.
  • No baths. Just hose.
  • Remy gets cuddles from groomer but no groom for him, okay bye.
  • Remy gets to run all over neighborhood saying hi hi hi hi hi hi to everyone and all the gates open for Remy, and he pees on all the mailboxes with nobody saying no.
  • Remy gets to lick Mama right on her mouth.
  • Remy gets to chase the deer and one day he will catch one and say hi hi hi鈥 okay, have no plan for catching one.
  • Remy keep all the socks forever hooray.
Blueberry is extremely down with this plan.

Premium Member
Sophy is not a poodle, but has a very definite goal in life - nothing much, just complete autonomy. She would like to decide the what, where, when and how of the way we spend our days without having to argue with me about it...

Registered
If your dog had his druthers, what would he be able to do?

One of Normie's biggest goals seems to be to sit between me and the back of my chair. Surely his human could accommodate such a small request?

He'd also like a viewing platform so that he could get a better view of what I'm doing in the kitchen.
He has to make do with the sofa.

View attachment 481108

Registered
oh Normie is so cute. Beau would want the same, especially the kitchen viewing platform as he also uses the sofa!
Oh and if I鈥檇 only let him chase squirrels 馃惪
For Cody and Lewis it would be chasing bunnies.
Elroy: Hmmm, what would I want...?
65掳F and sunny every day. Rabbits & squirrels that come back as soon as I chase them away!
Change my dog food to treats!
My human to stop with the "Leave it"!
A bigger back yard!
Sounds like poodle paradise!

Registered
For Lewis and Cody it would be escaping the back yard and running around the neighborhood together without the lawn service people tattling on them so Dad could go get them.

Registered
If your dog had his druthers, what would he be able to do?

One of Normie's biggest goals seems to be to sit between me and the back of my chair. Surely his human could accommodate such a small request?

He'd also like a viewing platform so that he could get a better view of what I'm doing in the kitchen.
He has to make do with the sofa.

View attachment 481108
My Pumpkin loves to squeeze in between me and the back of my desk chair while I鈥檓 working. I end up leaning forward slightly as to not squeeze her. I don鈥檛 know how she is comfortable but she has been doing this since a puppy and she is 9 now

21 - 40 of 46 Posts