Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your dog had his druthers, what would he be able to do?

One of Normie's biggest goals seems to be to sit between me and the back of my chair. Surely his human could accommodate such a small request?

He'd also like a viewing platform so that he could get a better view of what I'm doing in the kitchen.
He has to make do with the sofa.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If your dog had his druthers, what would he be able to do?

One of Normie's biggest goals seems to be to sit between me and the back of my chair. Surely his human could accommodate such a small request?

He'd also like a viewing platform so that he could get a better view of what I'm doing in the kitchen.
He has to make do with the sofa.
oh Normie is so cute. Beau would want the same, especially the kitchen viewing platform as he also uses the sofa!
Oh and if I’d only let him chase squirrels 🐿

·
Premium Member
24,530 Posts
Lily and Javelin would like me to trim the shrubs that block much of their street view and for me to facilitate being able to look out the picture window by trading the love set there with something they could lie down on.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
More food. And then even more food. And perhaps a bit more food as well. And for me never, ever, ever to go out of her sight.

·
Super Moderator
3,589 Posts
Galen and Ritter would like to be able to run loose to pursue their social life uninterrupted. Given the opportunity, they run to my elderly neighbor for a game of fetch (Galen's choice) or over to my other neighbor who often has visiting dogs (Ritter's preference, but enjoyable for Galen too.) From there, social duties completed, they would like to head into the next yard over to inspect the patios and say hi to the Labrador Retriever.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
With prednisone, Annie would now like an automatic food dispenser that she just have to whack a button to have more dispensed. Her human is very poorly trained.

Me to leave the curtains open so she can bark at dogs walking by.

Daily offleash hikes. Maybe multiple thereof. On demand, not on a schedule (make that, on her schedule)

The ability to go everywhere with me.

·
Registered
803 Posts
If Phoebe could be with me/touching me 24/7/365, she would be a happy clam.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
This thread makes me laugh! Bobby would have several goals but he totally would love it if I would let him loose in our neighborhood so he could socialize and play with all the nice dogs. Only the nice dogs that want to play though.

The other goal, which he really does work hard at, is free access to all of our plastic food containers and lids, all the shoes and all of our pens and pencils. Oh, and free access to cheese.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Winnie would love free access to the sock drawer and also like Lily and Javelin would love me to trim back the shrubs that block her view when she sits on the back of the sofa to watch the world go by. She would love to stand with all 4 paws in the kitchen while I'm cooking too. Finally, she would also love for the door to the treat cupboard to fall off.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
With prednisone, Annie would now like an automatic food dispenser that she just have to whack a button to have more dispensed. Her human is very poorly trained.
Oh the Prednisone munchies! Followed by the scavenging and the inevitable digestive upset... We know them all too well.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Basil wants to see if she can push me to the edge of the bed.

A few times during the night she'll lay into me. So, naturally I scoot over a little bit. Then, she does it again to make herself comfortable, and close to Dad. She has 80% of the bed by the time the alarm goes off.
Oh yes indeed!!
I wouldn't mind. but before Poppy arrived I laid down the 'ground rules' .... to 'mum'.
Yeah right....

·
Registered
Tuck the Miniature Poodle, May 2021
175 Posts
Tuck would really like to be allowed to chew my hands and arms as hard as he wants. This is his favourite pastime, and I am terribly rude and stop him every time he tries.

He’d also really like to chase the cat when she hisses at him for simply existing. She after all is the one who started it.

Last but not least, he would love to be able to have outside zoomies off leash, but with no fenced in yard and a recall that goes out the window when he’s in zoomie headspace not happening yet. Someday little dude will get all the zoomies he wants.

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
Babykins wants Theo’s puppy food. Theo wants Babykins’ adult food. Both want meals and snacks to start an hour earlier and more treats.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
A human to play an endless game of fetch and tug!

·
Registered
Elroy: Standard Poodle
1,759 Posts
Elroy: Hmmm, what would I want...?
65°F and sunny every day. Rabbits & squirrels that come back as soon as I chase them away!
Change my dog food to treats!
My human to stop with the "Leave it"!
A bigger back yard!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts