Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what ya'll think about this... but what about organizing a PF Meet Up in our respective states/cities/countries? We can pick a day, and we could have a national/worldwide PF meet up on that day.

We can start listing on this thread, where we all live so we can see how many people we have involved. No sense organizing something in Timbuktu if there is only one member there, right?....
Once we have a better sense of it all, one person per state/city can head the gathering for their area.

Too much work? Or... what?..

I'll start:

Cuddleparty & Snoops - Dallas, TX & Toronto, Canada

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I think it sounds like fun. I'll be part of the Dallas chapter. Surely there are a few other Texans out there. We could have a poodle meet, take pictures, and post how much fun we had.

Great idea! My husband has a Yaris (little Toyota car) and has met people on Yaris World's forum. They call it the Yaris Yak and meet at burger joints and talk about their cars.

We could have so much more fun with oodles of poodles! :grouphug:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BFF - what a coincidence...I am thinking about getting a little Yaris hatchback! Some people have told me to get a more substantial car (truck? SUV?) cuz of all the crazy drivers on our roads. I think a Yaris would be great tho! :car:

Ok... let's see who else signs up for this. If not, we can just plan it with those of us in the DFW area or fellow Texans who want to make the journey!
There's a bunch of venues that allow dogs as well... Lee Harvey's, Vickery Park... maybe we can meet up and have some drinks - owners and poodles :D

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
We could even participate in Pooches for the cure on July 12th at Lee Harvey's. I'll have to bring my beanie baby poodle :( It would still be fun though.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awwww BFF!!! That sounds awesome! I would share Snoops with you :D
He and I may be headed to Disney on that day... yet to decide. Regardless tho, we are up in the Great White North visiting my folks at the mo.

Hmm... if we do a meet-up later on, perhaps we can even do some fundraising like this. Maybe I'm getting carried away :angel (2):

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Whether we make Poodles for the Cure or not, I like the idea of doing some sort of fundraiser for a good cause. I've been inspired by WonderPup taking her kids to the retirement center. We could make ours more casual for now.

Maybe we could get our dogs certified as CGC together. I'm going to see how Zulee likes it before I commit to any other training. Who knows. We can just enjoy our pets and have fun.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Just so you know it does work and as a matter of fact we are having a Toronto area Meet Sat July 4. at bronte Creek park. Should be about 7 poodles.
Will have pics Sunday morn to show.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
OK. this is possibly hopeless but Dianne and I are in Readsboro (almost on the Mass. border) Vermont. I don't even know if we have any members here form Vermont besides ourselves but we do go to New York, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'm in North West Arkansas, home to Wal-Mart Headquarters and I'm 6 hours from Dallas and would come that way with a few Poos, not the whole family, I'd need a RV bus! LOL

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just so you know it does work and as a matter of fact we are having a Toronto area Meet Sat July 4. at bronte Creek park. Should be about 7 poodles.
Will have pics Sunday morn to show.

Oh! Snoops and I are in Toronto right now :) And the weather is supposed to be great this weekend. What time are ya'll meeting up? Snoops has to go to the vet in the morning... but maybe we can make it after! :D

TheStars - if we manage to set this up in Dallas... that would be amazing if you could make it!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I'm in North West Arkansas, home to Wal-Mart Headquarters and I'm 6 hours from Dallas and would come that way with a few Poos, not the whole family, I'd need a RV bus! LOL
IM IN ARKANSAS TOOO!!! You Guys come to Arkansas!

Let me know if you wanna meet up thestars!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'm in Shreveport, LA not too far from Dallas or Arkansas, would be willing to meet at either with enough notice.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'm in Shreveport, Louisiana about 3 hrs from Dallas and my parents live in Irving, TX so i'm there quite often anyway.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmm... :thinking: between the Arkansas folks, Louisiana folks, and Texas folks - perhaps we can find a meeting place in between. Unless more of ya'll would prefer to meet in DFW area? What do ya'll think would be best?

·
Registered
339 Posts
We are in Richmond, TX. It's about 4 hours away from us. We would love to join in the fun of a poo meet-up.
We have been to many yorkie meet-ups and they are a blast!
Chloe, our spoo is known as the yorkie security at these meet-ups. There would be like 30 yorkies and Chloe is the only poo there.
Here is a group picture of our last meet-up in Bryan, TX. Notice only one black spoo. She has a lot of fun at the meet-ups and has many yorkie friends. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
:weep: I am in NC......To far from everyone :sorry: Unless FFS and CM would want to meet, we are not far from eachother. Unless there are others, we are about 4 hrs South of Newport News VA!:curl-lip:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts