Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some poodles I see look like they have really wrinkly faces and others that have a smooth face. And like I have seen pics on google of puppies that have wrinkles on their face.

so whats up with that.. is it just the angle of the photos?
smoothe
http://www.dogguide.net/images/allergy-breeds/Standard-Poodle.jpg

wrinkly
http://www.barkingpoodles.com/07_Poodle_Grooming/images_groom_1/BK_Deadly_Sin.jpg

(I couldnt find any pics on google right now, but i am in a hurry. If any of you saw the one thread "What a striking guy" or something like that with the brown poodle with the show cut thats what I am talking about.)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I think this depends somewhat on the groom. If Rogan is freshly shaven, you can see all the bone structure in his face and this gives a not so smooth appearance. However, after a few days of growth, his face hair fills in and he looks much smoother... just a thought....

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Interesting. Olie has this same appearance. He is appricot and I am thinking this color has different textures of and depends how it lays. Someone said he looked like a little old man one day... IDK but good question.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Jazz looks a bit wrinkely after a close shave, one of the reasons I don't take her super close very often. Perhaps what you are seeing is indeed bone structure of the dog, in those two pictures one was a show dog and most likely was clipped very short a few days to a week prior to that photo being taken. The first dogs was not and you can see that the hair on his/her face is a bit longer in that photo.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
yup, the two examples you've given are one dog with a super close shave (likely a 30 blade) and the other with a fair bit of growth on the face. The 'stunning brown boy' was in a show clip and likely has a very short clipped face too.
So basically it's almost definitely the difference in hair length you're noticing. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts