Poodle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been growing Bobby’s ears out. I like the length they are now, fluffy and traditional. But I’m now torn. As I look at this picture from last fall with his ears short... he really was is pretty darned handsome. It took about 6 months to get them to the length they are now. I’m rather torn as I think both styles are very nice. Just sharing my poodle ear angst.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Keep them floofy, but maybe run a 1" guard over them to bring the bulk down. That way 1) you still have fluff to scratch 2) you have less fluff to maintain 3) you can kick the can down the road 3 months into summer and reevaluate.

I like trimmed fluffy ears.

Is that the "standing-over-mom-give-me-your-undivided-attention" face?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
He looks wonderful either way. I do have a soft spot for male spoos with short ears and a fluffy topknot, so you can guess my favorite.

Reactions: Spottytoes

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
Either way, he’s gorgeous.

Reactions: Spottytoes

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep them floofy, but maybe run a 1" guard over them to bring the bulk down. That way 1) you still have fluff to scratch 2) you have less fluff to maintain 3) you can kick the can down the road 3 months into summer and reevaluate.

I like trimmed fluffy ears.

Is that the "standing-over-mom-give-me-your-undivided-attention" face?
I just finished his brushing and combing session so he was standing on the table and I was trying to get a good picture angle. 😉

It really is a hard decision for me as I love both looks. I wish we didn’t have to have the grow out period. He has a grooming appt coming up so I am trying to decide if I want his ears cut. They haven't been for 6 months. I will at least have her do a light touch up but I’m trying to decide if I want more taken off. So far, the upkeep hasn’t been a problem. I do a thorough brushing and combing generally once a week....Mondays are laundry day and grooming day.😉 So far no knotting at all and I rather enjoy combing and fluffing his ears. I will definitely have to consider taking a bit off but leaving them fluffy. I really don’t want them too much longer. I suppose I could keep them fluffy then cut them short in the summer. Such angst. LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
Miss Pia Maria , Mr. Leonard Pink , Ida Lou and Ussman
8,475 Posts
Honestly I love the shorter look, Bobby has lovely ears. I have done long and short hair on the ears of my poodles. I had one even in tassels, the look suited her.
That's what nice about having a poodle, you can switch up their looks.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honestly I love the shorter look, Bobby has lovely ears. I have done long and short hair on the ears of my poodles. I had one even in tassels, the look suited her.
That's what nice about having a poodle, you can switch up their looks.
Awww...thanks! I never thought of his ears that way. He does have lovely ears! Yes, it is nice you can switch styles. Wouldn’t it be nice to have the ability switch styles anytime? 😉

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I’ve been growing Bobby’s ears out. I like the length they are now, fluffy and traditional. But I’m now torn. As I look at this picture from last fall with his ears short... he really was is pretty darned handsome. It took about 6 months to get them to the length they are now. I’m rather torn as I think both styles are very nice. Just sharing my poodle ear angst.
View attachment 475673 View attachment 475674
Fluffy ears are the way to go

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.