Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone collect poodle or dog figurines, art, etc.? I have lots of books and few figurines. I also found a really pretty scarf several years ago with show dogs on a red background. I like the spaghetti poodles, but I don't have any.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just have one figurine of an Eskimo dog which my son bought me when we had our Mandy. She passed last year (sadly-she was 16 years).

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry to hear about Mandi, but it's nice that you have a figurine to remember her by. The fact that your son gave it to you probably makes it more special.

·
Registered
224 Posts
OMG do we ever! I have many poodle figurines, tee shirts, picture frames, stuffed, "Beware attack poodle" sign, Poodle weather vein on top of my house, Poodle scuptures, etc. Once we got our first poodle the poodle oriented gifts started coming in droves. Now many of the figurines are packed in boxes in the attic, because I cannot display them all. Nevermind I am not interested in dusting that many things. I have a book on poodle collectables as well.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I used to have hundreds of "puppy in my pocket" figurines (the ones that actually resembled dogs, not the big goofy oversized head ones). I had lots of dog stuffed animals, and dog posters. Now I pretty much just have my dog necklace that my bf gave me for our first christmas. It's one of my most prized possessions.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
So far no poodle art for me... unless somebody gave me some and I've forgotten about it already.
I do collect Tibbie art though (via my mother) Almost all the art I have purchased but weirdly it's all on display in her house?? Oh well LoL. I always find something a couple times a year and gift it. I've gotten hold of a lot of signed stuff. Thats what I look for actualy, these days I don't usualy consider a purchase unless it's a number/signed print and even then I try to limit myself to prints number under 15. You can find a lot of good stuff on Ebay :) A girls best friend dont ya know LoL.
I haven't gotten around to starting a poodle collection yet, though I do have a couple of IG's and whippets already.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I don't personally have a lot of doggy stuff (although I do have 4 dogs that The Fiance and I shove into a small rent house. At least the back yard is HUGE!) My mother, the greyhound aficionado has a zillion things greyhound. Cookie jar, cookie cutter, canvasses, jewelry of all sorts, clothing, a hood ornament off of a car that is a grey, etc... I am house sitting for her currently, and I keep finding things!

The worst part is, she's just moved here "temporarily" to -ruin my life - be a guest professor at uni, and I'm finding things she must have hidden from my father in boxes. Seriously, does one REALLY need a set of Tervis Tumblers with running greyhounds in them? I think not.

However, as much as I make fun, I would have to say the prettiest things she has that are greyhound related are a canvas of Athena/Diana, Goddess of the Hunt surrounded by greyhounds, and our first greyhound's urn. Our first grey was very important to all of us, but more so my mother, as she helped her over great loss. Then, to only have her for 7 years was a hard blow to not only my family, but my mother even more. Wonderful girl... anyway, moving on!

Oh... well, okay, I may have lied... I do have some random little things (post card, picture of a puppy that came in a frame I couldn't bare to throw away because The Fiance and I agree that this is probably what TheQueenOfEverything looked like as a baby) that look like my puppy girl, mainly meant to be JRTs. They look close enough to her that I have to get them!

And thus, another long winded post under my belt! Can you blame me? I work with small children every day. Adult conversation is so wonderful!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have a small collection of dog figurine but I am always on the look out for Poodle stuffs. If I had the money the first thing I would by is one of these!

I like bigger collectibles that I can display rather then a bunch of little ones that cause clutter.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I have a small collection of dog figurine but I am always on the look out for Poodle stuffs. If I had the money the first thing I would by is one of these!

I like bigger collectibles that I can display rather then a bunch of little ones that cause clutter.
OMG! I have bookmarked that site, because I want one now! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wonder, they have a bunch at Petsmart, but I don't remember seeing Poodles. They're on a display w/ keychain, magnents and stuff. I was looking at the Boxer socks for a friend, but I don't think they were men's sizes.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
yup!! I've got poodle salt & pepper shakers, a few lil toys, a scarf (with a white spoo and the eiffle tower all over it. I figured it suited my white girl who's name is Paris after all!!!) and a nice beswick china ornament too. A couple of iron coat hooks with poodle silhouettes ontop, and various other poodley bits and pieces.... hehe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts