Poodle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
3,110 Posts
Oh dear, I just realized Poodle Day is on the same day as our Teal Run, so I won't be able to make it this year either! I had registered Maizie and was looking forward to it. Oh well.

Well, like you said before, there's always next year. :)

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Anyone else going this year? For all the 500 poodles and their people going, I feel kind of feel like I'll be all alone so now I'm rethinking going. It would have been much easier to get there if I were still living in the Bay Area. But now, it's a lot of money and time to travel and if I'm not going with a companion, it may not be that fun. Maybe I'll save the money for Frosty's first show? Lawn in my backyard? What would you do?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone else going this year? For all the 500 poodles and their people going, I feel kind of feel like I'll be all alone so now I'm rethinking going. It would have been much easier to get there if I were still living in the Bay Area. But now, it's a lot of money and time to travel and if I'm not going with a companion, it may not be that fun. Maybe I'll save the money for Frosty's first show? Lawn in my backyard? What would you do?
Really knew to the forum..what event are you referring to..

Sent from my RCT6513W87 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,202 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Please, PLEASE take lots of pictures and post them here! I just love the idea of a Poodle Parade! I so rarely even see one pure poodle around here - it would be so fun to see so many at once. :) Have fun!

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Poodle Day 2017

Aww, I saw Fey there, PoliticalPoodle! It was sheer craziness at the parade, so I didn't have an opportunity to figure out which black spoo she was! So many dogs, oh my.

Well, we just did the parade and beach play. I'm sorry that I really only got pics of my dogs because managing them was challenging enough. They were really well behaved considering the stress of 400 poodles stuffed into a pretty small space. However, Frosty was trying to mount his half sister frequently :lol: Thank God I put their Easy Walk harnesses on. I wouldn't have had any fun with Frosty's sheer strength dragging me everywhere.

We walked in the parade with the Rock'nRolla Poodles group. It was really nice meeting some friends from FB who have Frosty's siblings and half siblings.

Then, the highlight for the poodles and me, was beach play! We went earlier than the crowd and the dogs had a total blast! All that pent up stress got released and forgotten quickly. Frosty and his sister Lola even met up for a bit. I was so proud of both of my dogs for having flawless recalls and they retrieved two other dogs' balls, but dropped them and ignored them when I told them to.

After beach play we came home. Frosty didn't get carsick either way of the 1.5 hour drive!!!!! :adore: I had given him Cerenia to get here in Los Gatos from Chico (a 3.5 hour drive), but I probably won't have to give him anything going home on Monday because he could be over the carsickness now. As long as I get him well exercised before the trip, I think we'll be all right.

So on to pics, and a video will follow!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Sounds like such a fun day! Love the pictures. Glad Frosty’s carsickness seems to be getting under control too.

I was looking at some photos on Instagram and wow there were some crazy detailed clips/costumes! Did you guys see the giraffe?

·
Registered
8,202 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,786 Posts
Poodle day oct 6, 2018

Since this thread was made a sticky over a year ago, I was curious if Poodle Day in Carmel, CA is coming around again. It is, and even has the same link as in the 1st post. It looks like so much fun, I wish I could be there for it!

POODLE DAY

Poodle Day on FB

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
It sure is! Maizie and Frosty and I are going to beach play and out to lunch with our friends (Frosty's niece, Audrey) at our favorite dog-friendly restaurant in Carmel. Vita, I wish you could come! Maybe one day?

·
Super Moderator
2,786 Posts
Oh ZM, I'd feel crazy blowing money on a long 5 hour flight for me n' Bella, hotel, food, for a day with poodles! My son and two nieces are spread out in Cali, so I'd have to visit them to make the trip worth it. That would be a 7 to 10 day vacation, right when my job slips into gear.

It's incredibly tempting though; I don't treat myself often so that would be really nice. So nice I might not even come back except to put in my retirement papers and pack... :)

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
People come from all over the country to do it at least once ;) Carmel is a beautiful town. snow enjoyed it when she visited me. Where do your son and nieces live?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Carmel has to be one of the prettiest places I’ve ever been. Big Sur, which is right next to this area is seriously one of the prettiest places in North America. Anyone who goes would have a blast!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I had plans to go (and a place to stay all arranged) but Luna being gone has foiled those plans. I would definitely not go without her, the thought of that is so depressing! Will be sad as her littermates are going. It will be a fun event for everyone who does make it!

121 - 140 of 147 Posts