Poodle Forum banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's Poodle Day eve in Carmel, and the town is packed with poodles. They are mostly standards -- all dolled up and gorgeous. But so far I haven't seen a single mini, and only one toy. I hope the little ones turn up for the parade and beach-time on Saturday.

·
Registered
708 Posts
It's Poodle Day eve in Carmel, and the town is packed with poodles. They are mostly standards -- all dolled up and gorgeous. But so far I haven't seen a single mini, and only one toy. I hope the little ones turn up for the parade and beach-time on Saturday.
Awesome to hear the poodle party has already begun! And I don't think you'll be disappointed, from pictures of last year and previous year it looked like there were lots of smaller poodles too :)

Very excited to head over the hill tomorrow for a poodle day near the sea :)

If you see Quinn & I, please feel free to say hello :)

-Dan

·
Registered
708 Posts
Sadly, we had to cancel our trip over to Carmel today, as Quinn and I were in no shape for it, and after getting packed this morning, I took an honest look at my exhausted little girl (and myself) and made the call.

Sorry we missed meeting and seeing you all :( Was very much looking forward to it, but had to be the responsible poodle parent, and after all the excitement and play time yesterday, Quinn is still one tired puppy.

Can't wait to hear how it went and see pics so please feel free to share :D

-Dan & Quinn

·
Registered
77 Posts
You know, I doubt that I will ever use color on Gina, but I gotta say, this really did catch my eye and looks pretty wild, just sayin.. This is from Carmel pics I perused...

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
The Poodle Day parade was terrific. I will post some pictures as soon as I get them loaded to my computer. There were hundreds of poodles, and a few doodles as well. The vast majority of the purebreds were standards, but there were a fair number of minis and toys as well. Afterwards the dogs had playtime on the beach. They all seemed to play well -- lots of chasing and some wrestling, but I didn't see any agression.

There were a few sedate seniors as well -- including a couple of 17-year-olds.

Most folks were from northern and central California, but there were several from Vegas and Canada as well.

Are there Poodle Days in other parts of the country? I guess it would have to be someplace with plenty of pet-friendly hotels and restaurants. Maybe Carmel is unique.

Anyway, it was great fun, and I'm glad I went. I met lots of poodle people, and learned a lot that will help me when I begin my poodle quest in earnest.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Poodle days 10/3/2015

Is anyone going to poodle days this year? It would be great yo meet some other forum members (and their humans lol)

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Ah man! I used to live there (pre-poodle)!! I would've loved to attend :)

Have fun!
I used to live in Carmel, too! My childhood years from 1980-1994. Didn't appreciate it then, but I love visiting now. What years were you there?

Is anyone going to poodle days this year? It would be great yo meet some other forum members (and their humans lol)
I don't even have my girl yet, but I have a ticket for us to go in the parade and am looking forward to Poodle Day!

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Well, bummer. With everything going on with my mom, and Maizie not being confident in the car, I decided we won't be going to Poodle Day this year. There's always next year. Maizie will be older and more secure, I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Icancan

Did you and Coburg go to Poodle Day yesterday?

We thought about taking Axel, but didn't get it together...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello

Sorry for the delay in my post my mom had my camera... Thanks for taking pictures MOM!!

All I can say is what an awesome day!!! This was the best event ever!! The Beach play was incredible!!! I think over 500 poodles attended the day! I know Coburg if he could talk would declare "Poodle day" the best day of his Life!!

Bravo to everyone involved who put this Incredible event together :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

It was funny when we were walking to the beach people stopped us and told us they thought they were loosing their minds seeing so many poodles

Again Bravo and see you next year Sept 16th, 2016

Attachments

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Oh dear, I just realized Poodle Day is on the same day as our Teal Run, so I won't be able to make it this year either! I had registered Maizie and was looking forward to it. Oh well.

101 - 120 of 147 Posts