Poodle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Okay, so we ended up registering for the parade! I decided if we get to the point that we can bring her, walking with a group of poodles would be less stressful for her than having to sit and watch them all go by.

So what's par for the course here, do we have to dress her up or anything or is coming with a nice groom good? We don't have to dress up, do we?! LOL. I am going to have my Dd wear her dress with a poodle on it, though, of course! Maybe I get can my husband to wear a "real men walk poodles" t-shirt, but not likely. ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I haven't been before, but given that the day will move fast, I plan to wear stuff in the morning I can wear to the beach. I plan to just have fozzie in a fresh clean cut, though I'll probably splurge on a new collar and leash for the occasion. I have dark curly hair, so maybe we'll win the matching owner/dog contest. :p

Looking forward to meeting Bella. Where are you staying?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I am not going to dress Nickel up but he would be freshly groomed that week. Like FM, I would probably throw in a new collar or so. I am not a big fan of dressing up my dog.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Schnauzerpoodle and I have decided to go to Poodle Day in Carmel, CA this year and we'd like to extend a special invitation to all members of poodle discussion forums to join us-or to let us know if you will be there! (Moderators: can we make this a sticky for awhile?)

More information is here: Poodle Day Events - Poodle and Labradoodle parade and event. There is a parade, off leash play on the beach, and cocktail parties, all dog friendly! Registration for the event opens March 30th and the cocktail parties on April 1. Since hotels and cocktail parties can fill up, we registered early and encourage others to do the same. Our hotel can be cancelled up to 7 days in advance and the PoodleDay events up to September 17th. So no reason NOT to book if you are interested in joining us for the fun!

If you are interested in going let us know here or in private message. It would be fun to get enough people together to go as an affinity group with matching shirts or hats. Even if we don't do that, it'd just be fun to meet people we talk to on the forum at a specific time or place.

For those who don't know about it, Poodle Day is a fund raiser for NorCal (northern California) Poodle Rescue. Carmel is one of the world's most dog friendly cities, with several lovely Bed and Breakfasts who allow dogs, a great off leash dog beach, and all kinds of dog friendly restaurants! October 1 in Carmel is spectacular with warm sunny days and no rain. Carmel's ~3 hours south of San Francisco Airport, or ~2.5 hours south of San Jose International Airport.

We'd love to see you there! :party2:

--FozziesMom and Schnauzerpoodle
I wish I could come will be there on 14th of October, but not soon enough. I hope you have a good turn out.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I haven't been before, but given that the day will move fast, I plan to wear stuff in the morning I can wear to the beach. I plan to just have fozzie in a fresh clean cut, though I'll probably splurge on a new collar and leash for the occasion. I have dark curly hair, so maybe we'll win the matching owner/dog contest. :p

Looking forward to meeting Bella. Where are you staying?
We're somewhat local, so just coming in for the day.

I just didn't want my dog to be the only one not dressed up. LOL. I entered a 4th of July Red Wagon parade with my son when he was little and slapped a couple of bows on it, let's just say we were sorely under-decorated. :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Hello all!

Ive been away for a while but I scan through here periodically...so hello again!

Im attending Poodle Day for sure (already registered) with my two Standards! Also bringing along my mom, sister, Eli's breeder and his mommy Gigi. I absolutely cannot wait to attend this event. Carmel is such a dog friendly town...it even has its own French Poodle Restuarant!

Please add me in to the meet up during cocktail hour. That was already booked when I registered.

·
Registered
861 Posts
168 standards registered! Can you imagine?! Oooh I hope Bella is on best behavior...

So has anyone decided where to meet?

ETA: I'm a little concerned about making it there in time in the AM but of course now all the hotels are booked - bah! Can anyone who's gone before recommend someplace that might not be on the poodle day website? Alternately, and suggestions on where to park that day?

I don't know why it didn't occur to me earlier that in general parades are very early in the AM. *headsmack* We're going to have to leave at 6:30. Eeks.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Okay, so excited! I booked a hotel in Pacific Grove. There's just no way we could get there by 9 am otherwise, and still be happy friendly people. ;) I also extended our stay through Sunday, so we are up for meeting either day, but I think it'd be fun to put faces to names on Saturday if possible since there will be get togethers. We're still out for Cocktail Hour, but up for whatever else. I'm really nervous to try the off-leash play, though, I guess i'd better get us to a dog park soon!

Has anyone decided more on where/when to meet? The Barnyard looked nice from taem's post. taem, you said lots of parking, would that be a good place to park then walk to the parade, you think? or someplace better? I'd love to just park once for the entire day if possible.

Everyone still coming? Schnauzerpoodle, Secreto, Fozzie's Mom, PoodlePowerBC, Tyler, PennyAnn, taem...anyone else?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
We are arriving on Thursday morning, as Fozzies Pa decided to take a couple extra days off. Our hotel was booked on thursday so we are staying in a different hotel thurs before moving to the lamplighter in for Friday and Saturday.

If most folks are coming in Friday does it make sense to try a dinner on Friday? that way we know faces and names for meeting up on Saturday at the beach or whenever. I'm also open to a Sat dinner but the place i know (the forge in the forest) is the site of a cocktail party already and may be busy.

anyone more local than me with ideas, maybe just an easy pizza? If not I can do some yelping and find a place.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hi all,

I am in the process of arranging a casual drop in event friday night and a casual pizza style dinner on Saturday for those who want it.

I have had some stickers printed that you can use to put your screen name on on Saturday so that folks can find each others on the beach. It's a cute graphic of a poodle at the computer. (PS since I just lost my job, I'd be happy if someone tossed me a couple bucks or bought me a cocktail to help offset the cost of that).

I will be at the Friday event handing out stickers or you can find me or Schnauzerpoodle on Saturday to get yours. I am undecided on Saturday, will check my energy level after cocktails. but I will pick a meet up spot for those who are interested in a casual get together

bring your stickers to each event to help each other out.

I'm a volunteer here and not the best at party planning so do be patient with me. :D

you can also PM me for my cell phone # if you send yours and an email address I'll put together and mail out a little contact sheet before friday.

FM

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Carmel is a nice place to go, great choice! Wish I could be there. :) I loved watching wild sea otters by kayak in the kelp beds the last time I went to Monterey.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hi all,

I have made a reservation for 6 people at Forge in the Forest on Friday at 7:30pm. I will tell them "Poodle Forum" so folks can just ask for us and find us. I'll hand out the stickers then for folks to put their screen name on.

Forge In the Forest - Carmel by the Sea, CA

Please RSVP, otherwise I will reduce the size of the table to those who commit. I will also try to get a bigger spot if we need it. (Schnauzerpoodle is confirmed for a late arrival). Fridays can be hard to get a table in any town. I've been to this place, it's a good wide menu with a lovely outdoor space and an awesome dog menu.

As for Saturday, I've thought about it and wondered: do we even need a group meal since we have the cocktail parties? or should we just let folks find their own buddies to dine with? I think I'd prefer a more serendipitous approach to saturday night.

What do you think?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I have had no responses to the forum posts, if you are planning to join us Friday night, please let me know via private message by end of day Thursday so I can inform the restaurant.

thanks

41 - 60 of 147 Posts