Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poodle Cut official names, and pictures Sticky.

Please only post in this thread if you have a poodle cut not already pictured or described :)

This is so we can have a central location for Poodle Cut pictures and descriptions for members here to reference and share!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
With many of us making some changes in hair dos for our Poodles, this thread might be something to look at. I like seeing these pictures. So, I'm bumping it up. Those who don't like to see old threads...please feel free to avert your eyes. LOL. j/k.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Personal clips

1) Ushanka Miami clip with shaved body, sleek-ish cap
2) Close-scissored home clip with a bob
3) The Swamp Monster

Some randomly found awesome clips on dogs that are not mine and in photos that are not by me, named as I would describe them

4) Modern flared lamb clip with puffy cap, puffy ears.
5) Schnautzer clip with teddy bear feet
6) Sporty Modern clip
7) Retriever clip
8) Ushanka Miami
9) Bichon Clip
10) The Lion *rawrrr*

Attachments

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Oh my goodness Peccan! Those are great. I really like your clip a lot...the one you did. Thanks for sharing. As I get some time, I'm going to hunt around for some clips for future reference. I think finding winter clips and summer clips is useful too. That Bichon clip is really cute, though I'd never do it on my dogs. haha. I see clips sometimes I can admire but don't really like them well enough or there's some practical reason why I wouldn't use them.

Reactions: peccan

·
Registered
81 Posts
I personally love the miami and puppy cuts on my poo. I had her in a contenital once and developed a new respect for show dogs and their owners. The upkeep!!!!! AAAHHH!

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
I personally love the miami and puppy cuts on my poo. I had her in a contenital once and developed a new respect for show dogs and their owners. The upkeep!!!!! AAAHHH!
That's why I finished the showing and cut all Matisse's hair off. lol. It was a nightmare to keep up. I'm lovin' the new, short style. Your wee one is adorable.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a simplified version of this on my poodle right now he's all grown out and scruffy or I'd take a pic of him I cut him too close this first time I'll his body a bit longer and put a poof on the tail (they didn't do it at the groomers) we are attempting this at home soon have to clippers and blades just need to set down and do it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
We called it a modified Continental and my girl Jazz wore it to Gateway to show in. She was growing out a German type so her ears were still short and felt almost like lambs ears. The rest of her clip was like an HCC and the exhibitors and judges seemed to really like the effect. Grin in fact I have now seen a number of dogs formally shown in full Continentals showing up in similar clips.

The second and third photo is another shaved rump version. This one is sorta out of a book from the 60s where it was actually called a Lion clip. We simply called it a retro clip. The reason was coat change and his neck and rump were solid frizzy mat that nothing could get through. We trimmed his ears with a 5 like for his normal German, shaved the neck and rump with a 10 like his face and feet, left bracelets, tail pom pom, and a mane. Grin his coat was not very long so every thing is short but I think he turned out okay. This clip has been deliberately copied at least once that I know of but with more hair length on the bracelets, tail, and mane.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts