Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The topic of a possible companion for Peggy came up again today, so I decided to take this quiz:

Not sure how I feel about my results:

But they’re better than the AKC’s! (Border collie and dogo argentino? Seriously?)

What are your results?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I got American cocker spaniel, 98%. No offense, but I have never understood the appeal of cockers. I’d take a spoo 😉, Irish setter, or golden any day!
I just took the akc quiz and got Doberman, with goldens and Irish setters in my top ten also.

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got American cocker spaniel, 98%. No offense, but I have never understood the appeal of cockers. I’d take a spoo 😉, Irish setter, or golden any day!
I just took the akc quiz and got Doberman, with goldens and Irish setters in my top ten also.
View attachment 475656
An English blue roan gets me drooling, but I’m not sure I can actually picture myself with one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got 98% match with a Border Collie... ugh, no thanks. I have friends with Border Collies, and while they are the perfect dog for them, I wouldn't want one.

Reactions: Vita

·
Registered
262 Posts
An English blue roan gets me drooling, but I’m not sure I can actually picture myself with one.
They’re cute for sure and are beautiful in the show ring! But I’ve known several, and none have been dogs I’d want to own. The ones I’ve known might not be the best representatives of their breed, but they have all been sweet but dumb.

Reactions: Ava.

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They’re cute for sure and are beautiful in the show ring! But I’ve known several, and none have been dogs I’d want to own. The ones I’ve known might not be the best representatives of their breed, but they have all been sweet but dumb.
Lol. Maybe that’s why it was my best match. I could use a low IQ around here to balance out Peggy’s. She needs a sweet, steady, easygoing companion who’s solid enough for frolicking but small enough for me to easily lift.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Black and tan coonhound? I've never met one as far as I know. I guess deep-down I'm grooming deficient. :D

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,777 Posts
I've been looking for a UK version, but so far all I can find is a quiz from Iams.

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,777 Posts
None of these quizzes are regarded for their accuracy, but some are definitely worse than others!

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
606 Posts
I got Bearded Collie with no runner ups. I went back to see where I lost the spoo, I checked "never leaves my side" for how affectionate, and "little to no protection needed" for how protective and spoo dropped off with either of these answers. Rechecking as "gives me some love when I get home..." and "somewhat protective..." put spoo as #1 with bearded Collie as #2, Airedale Terrier #3, and Pointing Griffin as #4.

·
Registered
244 Posts

I was gonna jump in and defend the english cocker. I didnt think much of them before meeting the one my in laws have. Now I am in love with that little guy.

But yeah sweet but dumb is an accurate description...

But honestly dumb dogs are underrated! We know that with the poodles, smart does not mean easy to live with!

If I have a busy house and kids in the future then I am definately going for a sweet but dumb breed!

However, another problem with these quizzes is that they dont distinguish between types within the breed. There is a huge difference between different working lines and the show lines in the english cocker. Some of the working types can be super intense.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry if this is a dumb question but is there a difference between the activity of poodles born to house pet poodles and poodles born to breeders or do all poodles pretty much want to do the same thing? Not sure if I have phrased this right. I'm not talking about temperament or conformation but more about how much activity the dog wants to do, or does it solely come down to personality of each individual.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts