Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had nothing to do today so I doodled some poodle haircuts...

Which ones are your favourites?
Which ones would you not let your poodle be cought dead in?

LOL!!! :fish:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1. The Continental or Lion Clip
2. The Historically Correct Continental (Hip Rosettes are optional)
3. The Modified Continental with blended jacket
4. Modified Continental with tied topknot

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. The German
2. The German (variation: unclipped feet, mustache)
3. The Teddy Bear or Panda (tail pompon is optional)
4. The Schnauzer Teddy (I've seen a poodle in this once... Weird!!)
5. The Bedlington (This one is crazy!!) LOL!!

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. The Swirl (swirl can also go in the other direction)
2. The Swirled Jacket
3. The Complicated Swirl

Flyingduster, I DARE you to put Paris in a Complicated Swirl. I would love to see that!!! Please, please, please?!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
omg, the complicated swirl idea looks awesome!!! hehehehehe. Perhaps one day!! Not sure about the swirl on the chest though, Paris has NO natural chest, it's totally built up of hair, so if I cut into it it will literally be in a straight line up from the front of her leg and look really odd! lol. The swirl in the english saddle style leg is cool though, plus with the swirl on the back comign down from the neck.... hmmmm

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Go for it, FlyingDuster. You know you want to!!

I can't wait for Dana to grow up and get her adult coat in so she can have an adult haircut...

I like anything with a jacket... although I'm not sure if i'll be able to maintain it... lots of brushing, i guess...

As long as she doesn't have to be shaved naked... but as I'm saying that, Dana hasn't gone through her coat change yet. I hear some poodles turn into Matzilla!!!

This will be my first time having a poodle that is blowing her coat. I can't wait!!! I wonder how old she'll be when the adult hair comes in.

Anyway... I'm rambling on...

LOL!! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm waiting to see what Zulee's adult coat turns out to be. It can take up to 2 years to clear. I think a standards coat usually takes 3-6 months to change....or so I have read.

FlyingDuster....I do think you should try the swirl pattern. Talk about a conversion starter. It looks like fractal dog! I don't think it would look right on any poodle to have a swirl on the chest. I bet you can set the pattern super quick and be all the rave. Think about all the new customers you would get!

I know I would be impressed.

·
Registered
681 Posts
My husband and I were discussing different clips after he gets his adult coat in, I LOVE that complicated swirl. And here I thought I wanted an easy to maintain pet clip :lol:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
lol, the other thing that would go down well in NZ is that the swirls are also a 'koru' pattern which is very 'New Zealand', so I can see it going down well here too....

Ohhh, stop tempting me! Ok, well for starters she needs to grow out her current 'desi' trim, as the band she has right now would ruin it, and by the time it's mostly grown out I'll be doing my poodle grooming exam stuff, so I DON'T want to attempt something that different for an exam! But perhaps after then... Which might mean it won't happen until next year by the time she's got the right growth to pull it off! But yes, I think I might just give it a go one day... heh

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I think I'll be putting my dog into my own clip.. He'll have a tied, huge topknot, shaved ears (only bottom half so top half will blend into topknot), maybe a shaved neck, jacket that blends into the.. bum. I kind of want to do a teardop looking shape on the front legs with it being round at the feet, the same will be done on the back legs but the hips will be the short length of the bum and it'll flare out around his hocks/ankles on his back feet, there'll be no definite line, just blending.

... if that makes sense. >_>

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
lol fluffyspoos, you need to draw a picture for us! heh. I think I sorta know what you mean, but the shaved neck throws me off a bit. lol! Oh you will love experimenting when you have him!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,450 Posts
I think one of you guys from Canada needs to do a patriotic clip. (Arreau, since your poodles are the national color, LOL?) Clip the rosettes into a maple leaf shape, and the saddle like a large maple leaf draped over the back.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I really like the german one with the mustache. I cant see Atticus with a fully shaven face, his fuzzy puppy face is too cute to shave it all off! lol. Would a toy look good with shaven ears? I cant picture it...But I'm going to be keeping him in a teddy bear trim until his adult coat comes in.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts