Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I think there were a few topics on this already, but it’s been happening to my toy poodle since August and I’m not sure if I should be concerned or not since it doesn’t seem like there’s any solutions to the problem, if any.

My toy poodle is 2 years old and her fur started off really patchy and discolored where it looked like the fur was falling off but underneath you could see very short, dark colored fur. The first picture is when it started and then it slowly started spreading, and the most recent picture is after I got her groomed today.

I’ve taken her to the vet already and they did labs, a roundworm test, and a biopsy and all labs were negative and normal. My vet said he didn’t know what was wrong either and gave her a diagnosis of dermatopathy and said it may be vascular related. He told me to get a 2nd opinion from a dermatologist. Right now I’m wondering if I should just wait and leave it alone or spend a lot more money taking her to the derm. Any advice would be appreciated and if it happened to your pet did the fur ever grow back normal?

Glasses Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Water dog

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

Dog Toy Carnivore Dog breed Fawn

·
Registered
Elroy: Standard Poodle
2,015 Posts
This thread is very recent and covers the same issue. Conclusion, for the most part, is that skin injury or irritation causes the fur discoloration. In time, for most, the normal color returns.

Coarse, Dark Hair Patch on Mini GoldenDoodle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts