Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Poodle Breeding Forum is used to discuss poodle breeding, and everything that goes with it. This forum may seem more "rough and tough" than the other forums because people feel strongly about their breeding, registration, regulations, and rules. Keep in mind attacking or harassing members is still not allowed!

Like the other forums feel free to disagree and argue but remember we are family here with a common interest in mind. :)

Questions about rules/regulations for this forum... bring them up here :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could anyone suggest a reputable breeder of miniature poodles in the Kansas City/four-state area? My special dog would be a companion pet who could learn therapy dog skills to visit a local assisted living facility. With so many puppy mills, I'm concerned that I find a breeder who recognizes good temperment and thoroughly tests for health problems etc. I've tried contacting the Ks Poodle Club but did not receive a response.

·
Registered
11,712 Posts
Ladybug101 - you may be better starting a new thread - more people will see your request that way.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Go to the Miniature Poodle website: miniaturepoodles.com. I think all those listed are reputable. Pick one that is an AKC Breeder of Merit. If you cannot find a breeder in the KC area, some breeders will ship puppies. I think all of them have puppy applications online. I got mine that way and am very happy and satisfied with my puppy. I couldn't find a breeder in Florida that had puppies, so I got mine from Texas. She is wonderful.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Go to the Miniature Poodle website: miniaturepoodles.com. I think all those listed are reputable. Pick one that is an AKC Breeder of Merit. If you cannot find a breeder in the KC area, some breeders will ship puppies. I think all of them have puppy applications online. I got mine that way and am very happy and satisfied with my puppy. I couldn't find a breeder in Florida that had puppies, so I got mine from Texas. She is wonderful.
Thanks Lady!! I live in Florida, too, and am searching for a Mini or Klein-Moyen for agility/obedience.

Can you tell me where you purchased yours? Soooo looking for a breeder that does all the health testing!! SO rare!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have any of you ever had a poodle with an extremely short cycle? Angel is almost three, and has never stood. She wasn't flagging, either. We decided we needed to assist her, as you often do with maiden bitches. So this heat cycle, we did blood levels with our vet. Wednesday of last week, progesterone was elevating but not yet indicating ovulation. Repeated Friday. Friday indicated ovulation. Yesterday and today should have been her prime days. When placed with one stud yesterday, he made a half hearted attempt to mount, then ran off! Placed with a different stud today, he expressed no interest whatsoever. I am so perplexed by her!!! In all of my years of breeding, I have never had this happen!! I am sure open to ideas and thoughts!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Patience. Some bitches aren't meant to be bred. A n experienced stud usually knows whether or not a bitch is ready, no matter what the "tests" indicate. Try again next season. It might be a totally different scenario.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes. Been waiting til the next cycle for a while now! Seems it will never come! LOL!! But I am patient...so it's all ok. Just seems like an incredibly short cycle compared to all of my other girls over the years.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am looking for a reputable breeder in my area that would be willing to mentor me in structure and show grooming.I am currently a groomer with hopes to one day groom competitivly any help would be more than appreciated. I'm in the Philadelphia area.

·
Premium Member
22,337 Posts
This group needs to include information on how to choose a puppy, and a breeder. For example:

https://www.poodleforum.com/5-poodle-talk/33522-buying-puppy-safely-basics.html

Huh? Group, what group? This is not so much a discussion but I think was really intended as a reminder about the general rules of the forum (which are posted as stickies at the top of each subforum). How to pick a puppy or a breeder is not something on which rules can be imposed, but rather something for which guidance can be offered. It is up to individuals to decide the rules of how and where they get a puppy. The thread you linked to is a sticky so I think what needs to be in the forum is in the forum. It is very easy to find.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yup, perhaps I used the term group wrong...., meaning thread.
Of course, everyone can choose, but many folks, especially the new ones, miss the basic suggestions in the sticky's. There is definitely a reason for sticky's, but they are often overlooked.

·
Premium Member
22,337 Posts
I often post a link to those good stickies when people introduce themselves about having joined for help finding a puppy. I think they get a lot of views.

·
Premium Member
22,337 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts