Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m planning on grooming Reggie tonight, but I’m not sure what would work best. He’s currently in a Miami so I’m hoping to find something to really fluff up his poms so I don’t accidentally take a chunk out of one of them. Using a slicker brush and steel comb works pretty well but the hair at the top of the poms still tend to flop down a bit. Is there a product or technique to help with this?

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
You could bevel the pompoms so the top hair is shorter. This gives a rounded appearance to the top

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I bevel pompoms by brushing them down, and clipping a straight line above the feet, then brushing the hair up, and cutting a straight line above the top of the pompom. It makes them look a lot fuller and less floppy (especially when Annie had puppy hair) and is easier for me than just trying to snip a bevel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bevel pompoms by brushing them down, and clipping a straight line above the feet, then brushing the hair up, and cutting a straight line above the top of the pompom. It makes them look a lot fuller and less floppy (especially when Annie had puppy hair) and is easier for me than just trying to snip a bevel.
Thank you! That does sound much easier than trying to shape it by hand

1 - 5 of 5 Posts