Poodle Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

Registered
In training my dog to look me in the face, I sometimes stuff my cheeks like a chipmunk. I have no problem holding actual food in my mouth. Not gonna eat a dog treat, bleh.
This made me think of when I was little, my mom got cookies for our dogs birthday and my brother told me they were our cookies. 馃槀 I totally ate them. I was like 4-5.

Premium Member
Just a minute. Are you saying you store these treats to reward your dog with in your cheeks? I am trying to envision .... take treat from mouth with fingers, give to dog, ... put fingers back in mouth to get another treat?
Take out of mouth with one hand, drop treat into other hand, give treat to Noelle. Dog slime in my mouth? Nope. Not the most attractive method of training a puppy, but it sure teaches a puppy to seek your face. I don't do that anymore because Noelle learned eye contact is valuable as a puppy.

Super Moderator
Take out of mouth with one hand, drop treat into other hand, give treat to Noelle. Dog slime in my mouth? Nope. Not the most attractive method of training a puppy, but it sure teaches a puppy to seek your face. I don't do that anymore because Noelle learned eye contact is valuable as a puppy.
I think Peggy would try to climb into my mouth to investigate if I did that. Lol. But I do also prefer human-grade/whole food treats, especially in class when we go through a ton. The cost alone is a good motivator, which I think a lot of people don't realize.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts