Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Plumcrazy and her wonderful hubby David and their redhead Lucybug arrived on Sunday and left yesterday. We had an absolutely amazing time. Plum's birthday was Monday and one of our mutual Facebook friends came with her husband, as did my daughter and her family to celebrate.

We went to Toronto and saw the sights and went to the same FB friend's home for Arabian pastries and a visit.

We went to Owen Sound and showed them Inglis Falls and had a great day in spite of serious rain.

We went to Trillium's home and our two redheads (Betty-Jo and Jenny) got to meet their full sister Lucybug and their new adopted brother Quincy. Trilium and her kids were thrilled to meet and play with Quincy too. We got to share a wonderful dinner there.

Sadly, the time went by way too quickly. I am already looking forward to next time, and maybe a couple of long weekends in between at a half way point. What a wonderful woman! And she has a really lovely husband. So glad they are my friends!!!

This is a link to the photo album of our week together.

Barb and David's visit pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I'm glad you all had a nice visit. Loved the pictures!

Do you think the girls recognised each other?

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad you all had a nice visit. Loved the pictures!

Do you think the girls recognised each other?
Well Betty-Jo and Jenny were from the litter the year before Lucy was born so they never met, but they got along beautifully. Lucy recognized me though!!

We had a really awesome time!!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Lucy may not have met Betty Jo and Jenny before but all three sure make it well know that they remember and love you. I'm sure that you are glad you don't get to see my two more often otherwise you'd never get to have makeup stay on your face. Betty Jo is sure devoted to pinning you to a couch and trying to remove every last shred of it whenever she sees you. Jenny isn't much better.

It was hilarious seeing all three come running when you called. Its still funny watching the video of it and turning up the volume. The girls still bark and look for you.

It was great to see how well all four dogs got along. It was sure fun to see. It was also funny when you all headed out to see Betty Jo and Jenny fall into a heap and sleep. So much excitement.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awwww!!! That is so sweet!! They touch me deeply when they make it obvious they remember me!! I would rather go without makeup anyday and know they still love me. Thanks Trillium!!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my goodness...we had such an incredible time, and meeting Barb and David, and seeing Lucy again was one of the highlights of my life. I posted another thread of videos of our visit too.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
This visit was one of my all time favorite vacations (and I've been on Caribbean cruises and to Hawaii!!) :lol: It was so terrific to meet the wonderful woman who made it possible for us to have our Lucybug! We got to meet lots of new friends and Lucy got to reconnect with Cherie (and it is without question that she remembered the woman with whom she spent her first 8 weeks of life!!) and Holly - and the rest of the pack!

Hubby and I also discovered that Lucy is the perfect traveling companion! She was quiet and well behaved the entire 48 hours of driving that we accomplished to and from Canada! All the hotels we stayed at on the way to and fro were pet-friendly and Lucy certainly gave them no reason to change their policies - she was a wonderful guest! :)

We started planning this vacation many months ago and I think it came and went much too quickly! Now we get to start planning the next one! :lol:

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This visit was one of my all time favorite vacations (and I've been on Caribbean cruises and to Hawaii!!) :lol: It was so terrific to meet the wonderful woman who made it possible for us to have our Lucybug! We got to meet lots of new friends and Lucy got to reconnect with Cherie (and it is without question that she remembered the woman with whom she spent her first 8 weeks of life!!) and Holly - and the rest of the pack!

Hubby and I also discovered that Lucy is the perfect traveling companion! She was quiet and well behaved the entire 48 hours of driving that we accomplished to and from Canada! All the hotels we stayed at on the way to and fro were pet-friendly and Lucy certainly gave them no reason to change their policies - she was a wonderful guest! :)

We started planning this vacation many months ago and I think it came and went much too quickly! Now we get to start planning the next one! :lol:

Well, you KNOW how I feel about planning the next one!!!! I am ready to do it again this coming weekend!!!! I have never enjoyed myself so much!! I cannot believe we could talk so much and I still forgot to tell you so much!! Next time we must go to the Distillery district in Toronto, and I wanted to walk you guys around the property and show you all the different plants my Great Aunt put in here back in the 40's.

After watching the PUPPIES video again, I am pretty sure the girls all remember me. That is so endearing and touches me deeply!!

Lucy is a doll! So happy she is such a good girl in the car... We loved having her too!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts