Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, please pray for Chase. Nothing bad as in death wise but last night I noticed his eye weeping and closed. I opened it and couldnt see his eye, well not properly. It totally turned around when I looked, then later could see his eye but it was blue :(

Took him into the vets this morning as the emergency night vets werent answering the phones grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and the vet put dye in his eye to see what was going on. He has scratched the cornea and its ulcerated :( he was in a bit of pain so got pain killers, then sent me home with cream which has to go in 6 times today, well its now morning so he has had his 6 times.

The vet said if its still blue he has to go in tomorrow straight away, if not she wants to see him wednesday. Its still blue :( Im hoping when I wake up there will be a little colour, Im so scared he will lose his eye. This boy is stunning and is Bubbles and Jacquis full brother from a repeat mating. Please pray he wont lose it, I was so hoping to show him. No matter what he will still be greatly loved here.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Awww siv, thats a bummer. I really hope his eye heals up for you. Poor little guy :(

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Ohhh, so sorry to hear this happened to Chase. I hope you have good news to give tomorrow. My best wishes and prayers that things turn out ok.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ladies. He is such a special little boy to me. Just love everything about him. I cant get enough of him and although it wont be the end of the world, it would be a shame not to put him in the ring.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Aww im sorry to hear about Chase's eye especially since your going to show him. My 14 year old mixed breed got an eye ulcer. It is all healed now but she does have a bump on her eyeball that you can see if you look at her eye for a bit. Hope it all works out.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Aww poor baby , I hope his eye heals up. How can a pup scratch it's cornea ? I only experienced this once but a cat cause the scratches.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thankyou everyone. Your thoughts & prayers are much appreciated. Im really not happy how its looking this morning. He was keeping it open most of the day yesterday, no weeping, now its closed again, little weeping and still no colour coming back :( Will let you know how it goes after I have gone to the vet.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Please do Sivaro. When I saw that you had come back to this thread, I was keeping my fingers crossed for better news. You and Chase will be in all of our thoughts and prayers and I hope that your vet can give you a great prognosis.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thankyou so much everyone.
I rang the vets today, took 3 hours for my vet to ring me back so I was stressing to the max. Anyway when he finally rang he said not to worry about the eye still being blue as that can last for a week. I said the female vet said if it hadnt changed colour the following day to rush him back in. She is not my normal vet. So I was a little relieved.

Tomorrow he will be going back in though, they want to see if there is any change after putting dye in it again hoping the swelling around the cornea is coming down. So i will try and stay positive till I go back in, in the morning.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts