Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to try and talk to my mom about keeping Belle. Basically here's what I want to cover but I don't want to be blunt..because my mom is the most hardest person to crack and I truly feel like she doesn't care about my feelings. But I know the mother that she used to be is down deep in there somewhere, and that's what I want to reach.

Ok, Belle is going to my sister's. And my mom and dad made a deal with me just two days ago that if I keep the house spotless, they will help me with the music career I am trying to pursue, and they won't kick me out. However, nothing was said about Belle staying. And I REALLY want to keep her. So I don't know how to bring it up to mom, I don't know what the right words to say are..because when I try to confront situations while I'm hurt..I come out harshly..and I'm too straight forward and as far as it goes when confronting parents, I understand that is disrespectful :(.

I'm going to try and talk to mom tonight..

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i respond with a broken heart that apparently, my feelings about my dog being taken from me is, "not up for discussion."

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just a quick update, finghin gave me an idea that im putting into action. I've texted my friend the one with the ferrets..and im going to see if she'll take belle. She's going to ask her dad soon.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Can I ask you (and I'm not trying to sound critical - just trying to understand the situation better) - how old are you? Are you paying rent? Because, if you are old enough - could you move out and get a place of your own and be able to keep Belle? I know that when I was living at home but out of high school, my mom and I hit a rough patch - I needed and wanted more freedom, but I was living with my parents and not paying rent so therefore, they still called the shots about all my living arrangements. It made such a huge difference to be out on my own. My mom and I have a great relationship now.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Good point.
Clashing...especially between mother and daughter...is almost inevitable.
Maybe,what you should do is write down exactly how you feel,with specific details as far as how your home situation would continue should you be able to keep your puppy.
Maybe offer something to your mom...clean the house once a week,take care of all the vaccuuming...whatever would help HER.
If she sees,that you are willing to go beyond what's expected of you,she might relent and try.
Offer,say a 3 months trial period?
Anyway...write her a very specific letter and let her read it on her own time,alone.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I can second that, Even when I had a job and was paying quite a few bills it was still my mother's house. Best thing I ever did was to move out, of course by then I was about to get married so I kinda missed out on the young and free days lol. Now my mother and I have a decent relationship where before we were plotting eachother's doom and decided if it the insurance money was worth the risk of going away forever for murder... LoL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts