Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
this is so sudden. I don’t know what is happening. This never happened before.
Not even this morning. Just now when we lay on the floor as i pet him, i saw this pus like discharge on tip of his penis!! What is this ? Should i rush him to vet immediately? This never happen before. And yes he does licks his penis. I searched about it, internet says it’s normal as dog grooming itself.
but never to the point he have redness or anything. And i do stop him when he does. Afraid he might got addicted and ended up hurting himself.
I want to put the picture but i also dont want to flash everyone here with my dog penis.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Lol it's okay, I freaked out too when this happened to my Standard Poodle when he was a puppy. It's like a lubricant so that the inside of his penis stays clean. Okay

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
This is completely normal. It's just a lubricant in the sheath that keeps him healthy. He will lick to clean himself. He is probably just reaching puberty. Mine is 14 months, intact. He went through a puberty phase where he had more discharge but it is not as bad now. I saw you mentioned your dog humping. It is also a natural part of puberty. I allowed humping of toys, just not people. He stopped humping after a while and it hasn't been an issue. So you may see it subside if you give it a safe outlet. Dogs, just like teenagers, go through a phase where their hormones go crazy. They need gentle guidance and understanding.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is completely normal. It's just a lubricant in the sheath that keeps him healthy. He will lick to clean himself. He is probably just reaching puberty. Mine is 14 months, intact. He went through a puberty phase where he had more discharge but it is not as bad now. I saw you mentioned your dog humping. It is also a natural part of puberty. I allowed humping of toys, just not people. He stopped humping after a while and it hasn't been an issue. So you may see it subside if you give it a safe outlet. Dogs, just like teenagers, go through a phase where their hormones go crazy. They need gentle guidance and understanding.
Hello! Thank you! I’m now less worried about it :giggle:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts