Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My dog vomited yellow liquid this morning. His first poo was nice. After vomiting, his stomach gurgles and then he went for toilet again and it was really loose stool.
He doesn’t want to eat. i tried feeding him his favourite snack, cheese. He doesn’t want it. And i gave him honey, he only had a bit and refused it. But when he sees food, he licks his lips but doesn’t want to eat it. Just sniffs it.
But he plays well, he still want to runs around and play.
I googled the vomit, and it says it’s bile vomit and i should hold food for 12 hours. Should i feed him rice water ? Or should i hold his food for now ? I’m worried..

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Always best to seek advice from your vet, but bilious vomiting, in my experience, is typically resolved with a healthy bedtime snack (such as plain white chicken) and 24/7 access to water, as well as limited activity before the first meal of the day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Always best to seek advice from your vet, but bilious vomiting, in my experience, is typically resolved with a healthy bedtime snack (such as plain white chicken) and 24/7 access to water, as well as limited activity before the first meal of the day.
Thanks peggy

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Ask your vet.

Withholding food for 12-24 hours might help the stomach calm down. When you start feeding again, try boiled ground beef or chicken with rice. You can mix it in the blender to make it more appealing. By overcooking the rice, it will be easier to make into small balls.

Feed this for a few days and see how it goes. And make sure your dog is at least drinking, to avoid dehydration.

·
Registered
672 Posts
It just sounds like he was hungry and from my experience the reason he does not want to eat may be because of the stomach acid taste in his mouth. I would give him a bedtime snack in the future. That should resolve the issue. If he throws up anymore I would call the vet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello!
that day I had to make eating a really fun game. I gave him small portions and fed him frequent.

thanks Evpoodle! I’ve been giving him snacks before bedtime since. And i followed Peggy’s advice. I gave him plain cooked chicken before bed time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts