Poodle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
We鈥檙e on the west coast just south of Portland, and we used to see quite a few at dusk. We would sit on the porch and watch their amazing flight paths. We put a bat box/house up on the south facing wall a couple of years ago but they never moved in. This year we saw only one or 2. Seems to need more attention, like the honey bees 馃悵

Registered
We鈥檙e on the west coast just south of Portland, and we used to see quite a few at dusk. We would sit on the porch and watch their amazing flight paths. We put a bat box/house up on the south facing wall a couple of years ago but they never moved in. This year we saw only one or 2. Seems to need more attention, like the honey bees 馃悵
They are fun to watch aren't they? Funny how you just get used to something then it isn't there you miss it. We put bat boxes up too but they didn't use them either.

Registered
Am I the only one who read the title and thought it was, 鈥淧lease help, bats!鈥 as in, someone had bats but didn鈥檛 want them? 馃ぃ
We have so many mosquitoes here that we also put up 2 bat houses, but they don鈥檛 use them鈥 I think we placed them wrong, since we put them on north side of barn and found out they should be on south-facing walls. This year I didn鈥檛 see any bats鈥 馃槩

Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
Our bats are disappearing, too. I used to see them most mornings on our very early walks, but no more. I know they're still around as this past summer one got stuck in the screened in porch and couldn't find its way out without help.

Premium Member
I signed. Thanks for sharing.

Registered
We(Ivan and I) are down to only 2 bats; a little brown bat and a hand size red bat. When we lose our bats and bees the US should be more than worried because whose going to do the pollinating; it's bad enough that the big companies are allowed to use genetically modified seeds to grow our food and flowers/plants.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts