Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your dogs play with sticks?

Pogo has no interest in fetching sticks. Actually, Pogo is a snob. He won't fetch anything other than balls. He prefers Kong Kong squeaky tennis balls, but he can be persuaded to fetch an ordinary tennis ball or a NiteIze glow ball under special circumstances. Not stuffed animals. Stuffies are for carrying on walks or taking to bed. Sticks, forget it. He hasnt touched a stick since he finished teething.

Puppy Galen seems to be moving the same direction, although he will fetch a stuffed animal (as much as his unfocused puppy brain grasps the concept of playing fetch.) Galen sometimes drags a leafy branch around; I think the leaves are what interest him. He has shown no interest in sticks, though that might change when starts getting his adult teeth. Given his current lack of interest in mouthing sticks, I woul be surprised if he ever wants to fetch one.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Babykins has no interest in a tree branch. She adores fetching stuffed toys, dumbbells and some balls.

However, in the fall after a strong wind/rain storm sometimes a small branch with a couple of leaves will fall to the grass. She adores shredding those leaves and will pick up a branch and walk with it until we get to our property and then she does a play bow and starts to shred.

Reactions: BrooklynBonnie

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Misha doesn't really fetch sticks, but he certainly likes to chew (sometimes eat) them and play keep away with them. He does fetch rocks though. He's a bit of a rock collector and only plays with his favorite rocks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Groot is obsessed with sticks, but he’s definitely picky about what stick is worth his while. He prefers big sticks with bark that he can tear off or thinner ones that he can snap into 100 pieces. I usually bring a tote with balls and frisbees to the park, but he usually prefers playing with sticks. I joke that it’s because I called him “Groot”. I even have a couple “good ones” in my car as backup toys.

Snoop is learning from him and she loves sticks as well... I think she prefers the ball, but I’ll use sticks as a way to lure her into a sit and heel on walks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts