Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a spoo puppy in June and have been watching a lot of Zak George training videos. In the videos, he exercises his dogs in empty fields and in sports fields. I wish I could find such spots near me, for when my spoo is ready for that, as my fenced backyard is quite small. So, I'm wondering how to find and contact dog owners/dog clubs in my area, hoping that members could offer suggestions. I'm also thinking to post messages on country or feed-store bulletins, asking to rent a play space. Does anyone on here have any better ideas? Thank you

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked out Sniffspot. Its a great idea, but nothing promising at all turned up in my area. Does anyone know of any similar apps?

·
Registered
632 Posts
My neighborhood has a Facebook group, does yours?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know! I am not a FB user, but it's definitely worth a try. Thank you!

·
Registered
632 Posts
If there are any highschools around you they usually have football practice fields. My school has a natural grass field thats fenced in that I visit frequently.

Reactions: Carla

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,780 Posts
We do weekly playdates on our trainer’s fenced acreage. It’s not a formal thing. She’s just become a friend and is very generous. But that one hour a week tells us a lot about what’s working in Peggy’s training and what needs more attention.

When you’re researching puppy classes for June, ask about whether they do puppy social hours or some sort of puppy “matchmaking” for playdates. You’ll also meet other dog owners through classes who will have suggestions for you and may even have a good property of their own to offer up.

·
Registered
738 Posts
We live in the city and do the sniffspot/playdate strategy. All you have to say is, "does your dog want to have a playdate with my dog?". You'll come across good play buddies just walking around the neighborhood like a random bouncing atom in the universe too.

It's like a cry for "I just need 36 hours where my dog is just exhausted from playing so I can have some peace."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts