Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!
I've actually posted a couple of times before actually introducing myself, but that's because I don't actually have my dog yet....and the waiting is really getting to me!!:hypnotized:
I will be picking up my standard poodle puppy, Pippi, Sunday May 17th. I'm very excited. My husband and our two daughters (ages 20 & 8) are excited, but our son (11) isn't sure about getting a poodle. We had to have our 12 yr yellow lab put down last year and "Cooper":angel: was my son's BEST friend. He keeps a picture of the two of them on his nightstand. I figure once Pippi is home, he will feel better, at least I hope so. Anyway, just wanted to officially say, "Hi!, Here I am."

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey everybody!
I've actually posted a couple of times before actually introducing myself, but that's because I don't actually have my dog yet....and the waiting is really getting to me!!:hypnotized:
I will be picking up my standard poodle puppy, Pippi, Sunday May 17th. I'm very excited. My husband and our two daughters (ages 20 & 8) are excited, but our son (11) isn't sure about getting a poodle. We had to have our 12 yr yellow lab put down last year and "Cooper":angel: was my son's BEST friend. He keeps a picture of the two of them on his nightstand. I figure once Pippi is home, he will feel better, at least I hope so. Anyway, just wanted to officially say, "Hi!, Here I am."

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Welcome! We look forward to Pippi pictures :)

BTW: Your picture is a local file, you need to use the Manage Attachments button at the bottom of the 'post new thread' page :) :

WELCOME!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
HappyPoodle, Don't remember if I welcomed you to this forum before or not sooooo Welcome. I know it is hard when we have to put one of our fur friends down. sometimes we feel that we just do not want another one, because we are afraid of not ever being able to get close to another, but that's not how it is. No other will ever replace our former friend, but we can love our new ones just as much. I am sure that your son will be very happy once your new puppy arrives. I don't know to many people that can resist a new puppy, any breed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much for all the welcomes....only 2 1/2 days left before we pick up Pippi. I"ve convinced my son to go with us when we pick her up. I imagine he'll fall in love with her, but I'm not counting on it. We purchased a crate, several toys, a special blanket, dishes and the food the breeder is currently giving her about 2 months ago. I pln on switching her food to one I found highly recommended on a thread here, but I'll mix it with what she's already getting so not to upset her tummy. I'll have oodles of puppy poodle pictures very soon. Again, thanks for the warm welcomes.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Looking forward the seeing the pics soon.

Not long now before you pick her up. I can imagine how excited you are :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
You must be having a very restless time of it because it looks as if tomorrow is the big dayj!! Please let all of us know how your new poo is and how it all went...YIPPEE!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcom!!

Dear Happy Poodle:

Welcome. I am somewhat new to the forum too and just picked up my new puppy on Tuesday. We also had to say "good-bye" to our standard poodle a few months back. One of my kids was also dragging her feet about adding to our family. She felt it was "too soon".

When the breeder handed her to me, she said: "you love on her and she will heal you and your family". She was right. My daughter was waiting in the driveway when we drove up to see our new addition. Right now, she is sitting on the couch with Roxy cuddling away on her. We will always love Suzy and we will have the memories of her forever. But making new memories with a new companion is healing.

Best wishes as you pick up your new puppy and give her lots of loves and she will love back!

p

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yesturday was the big day! We all went together to pick up Pippi, and even my son was getting anxious before we arrived. We got the quick rundown of poodle puppy care, lots of paperwork to go home with, (good thing,we were so excited we weren't paying much attention to the breeder...only had our eyes on our new baby.) lots of treats, her toys and blanket I sent to her a few weeks ago, then off on our own. 5 minutes into the ride home my son said, "I'm really glad we got Pippi, I already know I love her and she loves me." My daughter was all smiles all the way home, as well. They both have taken her out to pee several times and cuddle and love her, and just in general, love being near her. Pippi has not had an accident in the house yet. We take her out often it seems to be working. She slept in the crate from from 10:30 to midnight, fussed a little but settled right back down. She got up at 3 this morning and hubby took her out to pee, brought her in and put her back in the crate, she went right back to sleep and didn't fuss again until 5:00 and I think that was because we get up then anyway. She's a pretty mellow little puppy. Well, maybe not so little...she was 8lbs 4oz at her 6 wk visit. She's eating pretty well, I expected her not to, being new surroundings and all, but so far so good. I haven't taken any pictures yet, just trying to keep an eye on her and her "signs". She's such a doll. Any ideas where I can get a good set of clippers and scissors for her, I won't be grooming her all the time, but I would like to be able to clean her up some between visits to the groomer as the closest is an hour away. Also, a good brand of puppy shampoo. Thanks guys, and gals. Reading different threads has been so helpful.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is wonderful news. I'm so glad your son went with you to pick Pippi up. I think that is important. It is amazing how these little creatures can worm their way into hearts. Even hearts that were not open to the idea of a new puppy!

Best wishes for you and your family. We also just brought home a new puppy and she has wiggled her way into your hearts too!

p

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Congratulations on your new baby spoo. Yes, it is very healing to have a new puppy to share love with in order to help you heal from loosing a beloved pet. I wish you all the best with her! AND, look forward to seeing pics of her.... we need pics! LOL.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
So happy to hear that Pippi is finally home and happy that your whole family is happy too. As I said previously, its real hard to not fall in love with a new puppy, even when a person thinks that they won't, they usually do.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts